Viva Argentina!

ILTU

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2003
Hola! Does anyone know some Argentinian metal bands, especually which play goth-metal or doom? Thank you beautiful people!

q tal? soy de Argentina, aunque no lo crean.
(what´s up, i´m from Argentina, believe or not.)

You should try and listen to Avernal (its pronounced avernál, accent on the last "a"), they play death metal quite well.
Vampiria is The Argentinian gothic band, they play something simmilar to Cradle of Filth + Therion, with female and gutural male voices, dark keyboards, and enchanting atmospheres.
Sincerely, i don´t know much more gothic or dark argentinian bands not only because i don´t look for them but they are not difused in any kind of media (there are two or three metal radio programs and only two decent especialized magazines from here, and they just write about foreigner bands, so...)
The problem in Argentina is that there are millions of power metal bands... some are ok, but, well, they are kinda too much and too similar (equal :Smug: ) to each other, that makes´em bored....
Luckily, there´s a radio program which promotes the most underground argentinian metal, (i´m NOT trying to make publicity, but the program is emmitted in www.fmrockandpop.com/rpvivo monday to thursday from 11 pm to 2 am in here GMT -3:00 h so, in the Us it´s earlier, i think) you can listen to some metal bands here.

Sincerely, after Hermética, V8, Almafuerte (y hasta ahí nomás), A.N.i.M.A.L. (in their good times), the most, not all, but a great number of Argentinian metal bands suck, they are just poor copies of european or northern-american bands. that´s my opinion, you can like them, that´s ok with me, but i can asure they are not the greatest you´ll listen...