Doom/Goth Metal

Elfbane

lowly carpenter
Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
I haven't listened to much Doom or Goth metal aside from My Dying Bride and Type-O-Negative. What are some other good Doom/Goth Metal bands?

Thanx. Like I said, I like MDB, and I heard some from Funeral and Tristania. I haven't heard from the other two though, I'll check out that website.

Paradise Lost, Anathema (early stuff... not so keen on the new stuff), Katatonia, Candlemass, Cathedral, The 3rd and the Mortal, Evoken, Earth, Khanate, Burning Witch, Sunn O))), Flowing Tears, Lacuna Coil, Tiamat, Shape Of Despair, Even Vast, The Blood Divine, Ashes You Leave, Avernus, Avrigus... there's loads more, but my brain isn't working right now so that's all I can think of...

Try Evoken and Shape of Despair, definitely. Specifically the "Embrace the Emptiness" and "Shades of..." albums respectively. Also, don't miss Thergothon or diSEMBOWELMENT.

You might also want to try Avrigus and Left Hand Solution for something a less crushing sound and more gothicky feel. Novembers Doom would be a good choice as well.