Your Fave Doom Metal Bands

Stoner Sioux

Death Metal Princess
Mar 20, 2002
In A White Trash Neighborhood
Visit site
Alright, I know I'm not the only here that's into Doom metal. Its almost hypnotic. What are some of your fave doom metal bands? Mine are Electric Wizard, Warhorse, Orange Goblin, My Dying Bride, Type O Negative, Sleep, Thorr's Hammer and some others that I can't think of right now

My Dying Bride, Anathema, Katatonia, The 3rd & the Mortal, Morgion, Dolorian, Thergothon, Shape of despair, Green Carnation, In The Woods..., The Gathering, Paradise Lost, October Tide, Within Temptation (although they aren't anymore), Doomed To Solitude, Candlemass, and probably a few I've forgotten......

Scary to see that noone but one brought up the mighty Candlemass, sure, they are not what they used to be, but one cannot overlook the greatness these guys once possessed.

You know I am right too dontcha?

Khanate rules!!!!!!!!
Doesn't anybody like Cathedral. I consider them sludge/doom/death, or something like that.

Has anybody heard the new Electric Wizard ("Let Us Prey")??????

Originally posted by npearce
Khanate rules!!!!!!!!
Doesn't anybody like Cathedral. I consider them sludge/doom/death, or something like that.

Has anybody heard the new Electric Wizard ("Let Us Prey")??????

Yes I have the "Let Us Prey" album. Its pretty killer, but the songs are longer than the ones on Dopethrone. The only thing that sux is you can barely hear the vocals.

Originally posted by Stoner Sioux
Yes I have the "Let Us Prey" album. Its pretty killer, but the songs are longer than the ones on Dopethrone. The only thing that sux is you can barely hear the vocals.

Terrorizer magazine gave it a 10/10. Would you say it is better than Dopethrone? I like Dopethrone quite a bit. I don't really think Electric Wizard is as good as Terrorizer gives them credit.

Originally posted by npearce

Terrorizer magazine gave it a 10/10. Would you say it is better than Dopethrone? I like Dopethrone quite a bit. I don't really think Electric Wizard is as good as Terrorizer gives them credit.

No I don't think its as good as Dopethrone. I think Dopethrone is their best album, personally.