Vocal Distortion Plugin

marios.blythe

Jul 30, 2011
hello guys can u help me with vocal distortion?
i want a vst that can add soft distortion -not a vocal effect like radio that i can achieve with a tube screamer..- thanks in advance guys!

Have you tried to use the tube screamer on a bus/duplicated track and mix with the original? That's what I did to the project I'm currently doing and it really added some balls to the vocals when mixed just slightly..

I tried to but the project that i'm working on have shitty vocals(the vocalist is good,but the day that he record his screams/growls had very weak voice.. )

If i were you i would re-record the vocals, it's hard to make shitty vocals good with effects.

^ Definitely this. If the vocals aren't good quality in the first place its going to be hard to get them to sound good with distortion.

Have you tried to use the tube screamer on a bus/duplicated track and mix with the original? That's what I did to the project I'm currently doing and it really added some balls to the vocals when mixed just slightly..

That is a really great idea, I normally just slap on a distortion plugin on the actual vocals but its normally way too powerful. I like the idea of bussing it.

Try the decapitator and a limiter pushd to the max, and your compressors, you'll get a nice aggressive effect

If i were you i would re-record the vocals, it's hard to make shitty vocals good with effects.

i can't re-record mate cause the band its from another city too far from me and i don't have this chance..the only thing i can do is a lot of edit and a lot of fx..i'll try decapitator and i'll say to ya if i did it or not.. thanks to all :headbang: