Vocal Endurance.... Any tips/secrets?

Not that it bothers me, but you resurrected an old thread just to post a link to a new one?? I don't see the point

well yeah cuz' they're connected and the posters from this first thread might be interested, plus this thread was good and still relevant so why not ?

if there was an anti-bump function i'd have used it tho' :)

Not that it bothers me but did you just post to make a point :D

LMAO

Haha, great thread resurrect, and as far as I am concernerd, its never a bad thing to share good information.

To this day, (3 years later) it's still a challenge and I havent gotten much better at it..... It's a skill that requires good practice and technique... And a little bit of genetics as well.....

Cant remember how I even came across this channel but this guy is the only person I've found that explains himself in a way I can understand, and hes screaming sounds pretty brutal.

Thought I might as well post it here in case its of use to anyone

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ure78h9Qq8&feature=plcp&context=C3e85b2cUDOEgsToPDskJJR_-eLCSzK0Db8RrBSx9P[/ame]

Melissa Cross's the Zen of Screaming, without offense, is more a promotional video than a pedagogic work. It is almost useless.

Use google and search for :

- Extreme Vocals
- Bret Manning singing success
- Allan Wright TCM
- Kathrin Sadolin CVT
- Jo Estil
- Vocal Process

and find a teacher.

Or buy Kathrin Sadolin's book ("Complete Vocal Technique"), "Singing and the Actor" by Gillian Keyes, and work like a madman.

Breathing support is important, but the main thing is to avoid false vocal chords constriction around the real ones, which forces them to overuse and to get tired very quickly. There are a million simple tips to improve, but I think the best attitude is to make researches in order to be strongly involved in the process.

I began singing in 1998, in a very melodic way, and I sucked. After 20 minutes, I wasn't able to speak anymore.
Last year, I decided to improve. I took lessons, read a lot, talked with interesting people.
After 3 months taking lessons with physiological methods (CVT, TCM and "Extreme Vocals"), reading, and practicing, I was able to sing like a bad Michael Kiske clone, but also like Brian Johnson, Phil Anselmo, Hansi Kürsch or the wildest black metal singer. They all use precise registers and very simple techniques. Demystify the whole and learn with the most scientific approach.
PM me if you need further infos.

Hope it helps.

AM

Taking a minimum of a few lessons with a teacher (a good one) will be worth a few training DVDs. It will save you a lot of time, I recommend it before/with starting home training.

I'm currently starting Brett Mannings Singing Success since crillemannen is so fond of it :) seems legit to me, It's basically a list of scale exercises at least for half of the CDs

+1 on the singing tutor, you can teach yourself guitar from dvd's with minimum injury (well, maybes RSI or some shit), but you could seriously fuck your throat if you follow a dvd wrong!! N that could be irreversible.

I recently downloaded some of Jaime Venderas stuff (he works with the likes of James Labrie), but the screaming lessons are canny good - its an MP3 tho, soget some foundation os breath control from the Mellisa Cross stuff

one of the best tips I can give is to not push so hard. Once you know the technique you should be able to do gutturals and high screams as if you were singing lazy (at least thats how I feel). You should never feel pressure through your whole head, thats something I used to do and realized myself was wrong

Melissa Cross's the Zen of Screaming, without offense, is more a promotional video than a pedagogic work. It is almost useless.

Use google and search for :

- Extreme Vocals
- Bret Manning singing success
- Allan Wright TCM
- Kathrin Sadolin CVT
- Jo Estil
- Vocal Process

and find a teacher.

Or buy Kathrin Sadolin's book ("Complete Vocal Technique"), "Singing and the Actor" by Gillian Keyes, and work like a madman.

Breathing support is important, but the main thing is to avoid false vocal chords constriction around the real ones, which forces them to overuse and to get tired very quickly. There are a million simple tips to improve, but I think the best attitude is to make researches in order to be strongly involved in the process.

I began singing in 1998, in a very melodic way, and I sucked. After 20 minutes, I wasn't able to speak anymore.
Last year, I decided to improve. I took lessons, read a lot, talked with interesting people.
After 3 months taking lessons with physiological methods (CVT, TCM and "Extreme Vocals"), reading, and practicing, I was able to sing like a bad Michael Kiske clone, but also like Brian Johnson, Phil Anselmo, Hansi Kürsch or the wildest black metal singer. They all use precise registers and very simple techniques. Demystify the whole and learn with the most scientific approach.
PM me if you need further infos.

Hope it helps.

AM

Merci ! Checking the "Bret Manning singing success" recommendation as we speak.