Vocal Mic Recommendations

Dushman

New Metal Member
Jun 9, 2007
Surrey, England
www.myspace.com
Hey, I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm starting to build a small home recording studio / environment and am looking to buy a vocal mic for recording. I will be mainly recording black / death / grind metal etc. As of yet I have no microphones. I'm looking to spend no more than £150. Can you guys recommend me a good mic to start off with?

cheers!

Shure SM 57, good for starters, would come in handy for other things as well. Also a SM 58, or if you want to go for a condenser, Studio Projects B1/Audio Technica/Rode NT1.
What's your setup?

Shure SM 57, good for starters, would come in handy for other things as well. Also a SM 58, or if you want to go for a condenser, Studio Projects B1/Audio Technica/Rode NT1.
What's your setup?

wow way to read my mind!
+1

You could try to find a Shure SM7 on ebay for about that much, but my guess is it'll cost you more like $300. Sounds great on growling and screaming as anyone here will tell you.

You could try to find a Shure SM7 on ebay for about that much, but my guess is it'll cost you more like $300. Sounds great on growling and screaming as anyone here will tell you.

Yeah, but then he would have to buy a decent pre with a healthy amount of gain.

Yeah, but then he would have to buy a decent pre with a healthy amount of gain.

Yep. And "decent" is usually expensive. I would never recommend a dynamic mic to beginners for vocals.

150 pounds is $300.