Vocal problem..

iamandy

May 10, 2008
Sunderland, UK.
I tracked vocals with a band the other day and we seem to have abit of Pop in the track.. mainly on some of the B's and P's. Any ideas how i remove these? i tried also to search for the plugin "Deplop" but can't find it anywhere.

I'm currently uploading the track.. So, i'll edit this once its uploaded.

*edit*

Here is the track:

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/644974/Jonny.wav

also, we didn't use a pop-shield/filter.. because the guys rig i used didn't have one.

change the lyrics to the song and don't use any words that have B or P in it. Hopefully the song isn't called Big Pussy.

haha, yea.. sure that'll help me alot at the mo!

i think i'll probably end up doing them again with pop-shield/filter infront of the mic this time. if i remember to take it!

if you are wearing underwear that day, take them off and use that if you forget to take it. i once made someone sing into my boxers when i lost my pop shield (and i for some reason had misplaced all my pantyhose! :OMG:).

it definitely killed the pop sounds.

I tracked vocals with a band the other day and we seem to have abit of Pop in the track.. mainly on some of the B's and P's. Any ideas how i remove these? i tried also to search for the plugin "Deplop" but can't find it anywhere.

I'm currently uploading the track.. So, i'll edit this once its uploaded.

*edit*

Here is the track:

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/644974/Jonny.wav

also, we didn't use a pop-shield/filter.. because the guys rig i used didn't have one.

A high pass should take care of most of it. Anything beyond that you'll have to retrack.

if you are wearing underwear that day, take them off and use that if you forget to take it. i once made someone sing into my boxers when i lost my pop shield (and i for some reason had misplaced all my pantyhose! :OMG:).

it definitely killed the pop sounds.

Haha... Ledgendary..

I've came into another problem.. this time its with Reaper though. Thought i'd put it in here and clogg up the forums with my n00b questions.

We retracked the vocal tracks on another computer and i mixed them down to WAV, with no effects.. I've taken them home and imported them into my Reaper on the laptop and the vocal tracks are WAY out. Not just by a little bit, theres like massive amount. But the strange thing is, is they're in time and stuff on the other Computer i used :/

if retracking is not an option, you can automate the pops down...works pretty good actually.

+ 1 just put a quick fade in on them or move the edge up a bit, it will help, just audition it in the mix to make sure you aren't missing anything. You can also in a pinch try chopping a syllable that didn't pop from another word if it's sung in the same style.

I've came into another problem.. this time its with Reaper though. Thought i'd put it in here and clogg up the forums with my n00b questions.

We retracked the vocal tracks on another computer and i mixed them down to WAV, with no effects.. I've taken them home and imported them into my Reaper on the laptop and the vocal tracks are WAY out. Not just by a little bit, theres like massive amount. But the strange thing is, is they're in time and stuff on the other Computer i used :/

WAY out where? Out of key? Out of time? Out of feeling?

If you're getting paid for this project, you're gonna really anger a lot of the talented dudes who don't live near enough to a band to find paid recording gigs...:guh:

+ 1 just put a quick fade in on them or move the edge up a bit, it will help, just audition it in the mix to make sure you aren't missing anything. You can also in a pinch try chopping a syllable that didn't pop from another word if it's sung in the same style.

That's what I had to do for a 3 track demo of a friend of mine. He had a really expressive way of singing and the songs were only acoustic guitar and vocals. I used a pop screen, but had to do some automation, eq-ing and even cut and paste to get rid of all these pops... I believe each song had about 20-25 pops to remove.......

Is the project samplerate and the wav samplerate the same?

I fucked up once and imported a 48khz track into a 44.1khz project with the resample option not on. I spent hours trying all kinds of stuff. Needless to say I was pretty embarrased when I finally figured it out :loco:

Is the project samplerate and the wav samplerate the same?

I fucked up once and imported a 48khz track into a 44.1khz project with the resample option not on. I spent hours trying all kinds of stuff. Needless to say I was pretty embarrased when I finally figured it out :loco:

I'll check this out, think i'll be abit embarrassed if this happens to me :( hahaha

WAY out where? Out of key? Out of time? Out of feeling?

Out of time. but they were in time when we did them and when we listend back..