Vocalist seeking djenty internet-based metal project

Any guitarists out there want to form a collaboration with me for a djent band?

I really want to be a part of a proggy groove metal project that makes music for fun. I don't care to make a profit or anything.

EDIT: To prevent any cause for commotion, I've removed the vocal covers I had up and I'm posting stuff from my soundcloud.

Here's a mix I did of Periphery's "Icarus Lives!" wherein I performed the screamed vocals.

Here's a song by my band, Maella Abbey. We play technical deathcore.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
lolwhy?

Almost everyone who uses this forum seems really uptight, but I'm being serious. Is there something about my post that discredits me or does it seem like I'm trying to troll?

I'm just trying to find someone interested in making music. I guess there's a big problem with that. :p

But they're examples of what I can do.

There are a million people on youtube that sound exactly like that. :puke:

go to a studio record your vocals in a microphone (that isn't your camera or laptops microphone) with and instrumental backing track. that would examples of what you can do.. not these you, sound like everybody that yells in their bedroom and posts them on youtube.

I am not trying to be a dick.. they are just bad examples of what you can do, your not a professional vocalist you just like to sing your favourite songs in your room.

I'm so used to not really caring how professional I come off as because I don't have very condescending people judging me for it.
But, you're right, and I guess I asked for it.

What's with this mindset that everybody has around here? Lighten up, guys. :err:

And, I assumed that a "live" recording without any processing, editing, etc. would better represent my skill. So, my bad for assuming. lolol

I'm so used to not really caring how professional I come off as because I don't have very professional people judging me for it.

Fixed.

Your vocals aren't bad, just super generic. The Periphery cover tells me nothing, they sound super processed and wide and weird. The one of your band is what you should be posting as an example.

I'll give you that. It doesn't mean so much to me to come off as professional for that reason, and because it seems like unnecessary work. That being said, I'd rather have a more happy-go-lucky attitude over being strictly professional and that influences the way I present myself.

In my defense, the recording of my band was half a year ago and I've since developed my sound more. What I mean by that is that I've gotten my highs higher, and my lows lower. Still sounds generic, but it can't be helped.

I can also do "vocal fry" vocals that sound more like Tommy from BTBAM or Spencer from Periphery, but I didn't do them in either of those.

On a different note, here's the pre-prod version of my band's song:

For some reason, in that, I like the way my vocals sound a lot more than in the final mix. They sound more compressed in the final mix and I don't really like it. Any idea what the difference is?

Man, I don't really know. I listen to alot of as blood runs black and dahlia, so maybe something like what they do? Not sure exactly lol, Im not much of a vocalist. Maybe write lyrics themed around your inner demons getting the best of you. I will work on some too