Online Music Collaboration Project - Looking for new vocalist(s)

davidbeaumont

Nov 28, 2008
Leeds, UK
www.myspace.com
A couple of years ago, I recorded an album through online collaboration using people solely from this forum and everything turned out pretty well.

We digitally released that album on iTunes, Bandcamp and Spotify but I've now written 12 new songs (of which I think are much better) for a second album that I aim to be released around the end of the year.

I'm generally keeping the same musicians, however due to other commitments, i'm looking for a new vocalist for this second album.

Once recorded, I have a good engineer lined up and I plan on promoting it quite heavily as I beleive the material is of really good quality... The only real requirement is that you have access to record vocals from whatever your location!

Below are a couple of links to new demos - the first (Cursed) is similar to the older material. The second (Forsaken) is an indication of some of the more progressive styles found on this new album. At the moment its just some unmixed rough guitars alongside some drum samples (bass and drums are getting recorded over the next month or so) but it will give you a rough indication of the song structure etc.

I'd much prefer for vocalists to write their own lyrics as I beleive it more personal, but if thats an issue give me a shout and I can probably provide some :)

So yeh, if anyones interested in getting involved/have any questions/want to hear more demos please let me (David) know either on here, through e-mail at ruinsproject@hotmail.com or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/projectruins)

You can listen to one of the new demos on the Band Profile section at www.facebook.com/projectruins or download it from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1693119/Cursed.mp3

The second track can only be found at this link... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1693119/Forsaken.mp3

Finally, If anyone wants to check out some of the older material, the full album can be found at http://projectruins.bandcamp.com/

Look forward to any responses :headbang:

cool - yeh at the moment i'm just trying to get a few different recordings from different people before making a decision for the final thing, but if you want to give it a go it would be much appreciated :) Let me know if you if you need anything else filewise - otherwise just try and write/record something as and when you get the chance! cheers

Alrighty. I will begin writing something to these now. The versions you supplied in the link will suffice for writing but I would like higher quality versions for mixdown as the current versions came in at 128 kbps. If you have them I'd like the stems but if its too much trouble a 320 kbps mp3 version of the two should work. Also, how do you feel about some clean vocals on Forsaken?

yeh if you feel confident with cleans i don't mind - its designed to be completely in the vocalists hands so do what you think will fit best :) at work at the moment but i'll bounce down some higher quality versions for you when i get back!

yeh if you feel confident with cleans i don't mind - its designed to be completely in the vocalists hands so do what you think will fit best :) at work at the moment but i'll bounce down some higher quality versions for you when i get back!