sneap forum band - looking for album reviews...

davidbeaumont

Nov 28, 2008
Leeds, UK
www.myspace.com
quite a few of you will be aware of our online collaborative album 'project ruins' put together over the past year or so....

i'm looking to release the physical in (late) jan next year but was looking to get some reviews from places i can send the material to digitally beforehand - anyone here have any site recommendations?!

if you fancy checking out the music, the full album is still streaming at www.myspace.com/projectruins and were now up on spotify, twitter, lastfm, youtube, itunes etc. Any thoughts welcome :)

That is awesome. Sounds legit. (not my style of music but I appreciate it)

I did a similar thing with the Harmony Central Amp forum.

Here is a sample of the HCAF compliation:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7771360

It will be available to download for free soon.

sounds cool man - some really good stuff :headbang:

how'd did you go about recording yours?! i.e. how many people collaborated on it/where abouts were people based? would be interesting to see how you went about it!

sounds cool man - some really good stuff :headbang:

how'd did you go about recording yours?! i.e. how many people collaborated on it/where abouts were people based? would be interesting to see how you went about it!

There were about 10 bands. Mine included.

Each band had one forumite that was a regular on HCAF.

I got them to send me a wav file, and I forwarded that on to Black Neon Bob who tweaked the ones that had not been mastered etc so it would blend better with the brick walled submissions.

Other forumites in the bands helped out. Like a great cover:

ProductImage.ASP

http://Kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00ZWQE9K

And we sold about 50 copies at $15 each. We used this cash to send out 40 copies to record labels all over the world to try and break one of them. No luck yet though. Via kunaki it was easy. If you go the same route, I can give you a comma separated list of metal labels so you can send out wholesale CDs to each of them for cheap with one click (rather than typeing in 40 different address and names etc etc of the recipient).

That was phase 1 as it were. Next are free downloads. It is all in the name of networking/trying to break one of the bands on there.

There were about 10 bands. Mine included.

Each band had one forumite that was a regular on HCAF.

I got them to send me a wav file, and I forwarded that on to Black Neon Bob who tweaked the ones that had not been mastered etc so it would blend better with the brick walled submissions.

Other forumites in the bands helped out. Like a great cover:

ProductImage.ASP

http://Kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00ZWQE9K

And we sold about 50 copies at $15 each. We used this cash to send out 40 copies to record labels all over the world to try and break one of them. No luck yet though. Via kunaki it was easy. If you go the same route, I can give you a comma separated list of metal labels so you can send out wholesale CDs to each of them for cheap with one click (rather than typeing in 40 different address and names etc etc of the recipient).

That was phase 1 as it were. Next are free downloads. It is all in the name of networking/trying to break one of the bands on there.

so did the bands record their individual tracks together and you compile it for the album, or were some of the individual tracks (i.e. the actual recordings/tracking) put together online aswell?

the project we had was slightly similar but also had a few differences.... I wrote everything in MIDI/guitar pro then sent parts out - people recorded from home and then it was put together - artwork, mixing and production was generally all done through this forum aswell :)

i'm looking to get the physical pressed in late jan as i said, then primarily sell online but if i can pick up any contacts to send it to - either press or labels that would be great! just wanna get a few reviews and stuff in before we release it properly, but im more interested in just getting the music/concept out there than making loads out of it!

post it post it post it - simply send it to everyone and anyone - local newspapers, magazines etc - eventually you'll get a review

yeh, just the actual cds wont be pressed for a little while longer... i have some promo 3 track samplers to send out, but for these album reviews i wanted to send the files digitally, along with the bio/artwork etc... that way if it doesn't get reviewed at least were not losing cash, and also i wouldn't wanna send out the full album cd until all the artwork and everything is put into its complete package anyway! but yeh the more people i can get it to, the better :)

so did the bands record their individual tracks together and you compile it for the album, or were some of the individual tracks (i.e. the actual recordings/tracking) put together online aswell?

the project we had was slightly similar but also had a few differences.... I wrote everything in MIDI/guitar pro then sent parts out - people recorded from home and then it was put together - artwork, mixing and production was generally all done through this forum aswell :)

i'm looking to get the physical pressed in late jan as i said, then primarily sell online but if i can pick up any contacts to send it to - either press or labels that would be great! just wanna get a few reviews and stuff in before we release it properly, but im more interested in just getting the music/concept out there than making loads out of it!

It was basically a compilation disk of individual bands.

At least one track did have a joint effort from forumites (where one provided vocals and the other the guitar).

Some of them (mine included) was a one person song. They did drums, vocals, bass guits and keys all themselves.

It was basically a compilation disk of individual bands.

At least one track did have a joint effort from forumites (where one provided vocals and the other the guitar).

Some of them (mine included) was a one person song. They did drums, vocals, bass guits and keys all themselves.

theres some pretty talented musicians within there then! :headbang: