Vocals critique (Our Last Night Cover)

Ground Up Studios

Nicholas Rodriguez
Feb 10, 2012
Bergen County, New Jersey
ok so im going to be completely honest....THIS SUCKS.

A while ago, the band posted their instrumental, but it was already mastered. so it was a hard time getting my vocals to fit because i was peaking like a motherfucker (and its very audible in the cleans). i dont even know why im posting this. i guess for you guysto critique the actual effects used on the vocals. heres what i have to say:

First of all, he was very off time on the screams. (the same person did screams and cleans)

His backup screams werent that tight to his regular vocals.

i have to edit the cleans a bit more in terms of automation.

i feel like in some parts of the screams, the delay was more audible than i wanted.

we didnt really take this that seriously, its just a cover we did for fun.

i feel that the screams are a tad too loud.

heres the effects chain i used for the vocals (pretty much the same for screams and cleans)

1176 comp
rcomp
autotune
supertap (delay)
eq
(then i sent that to a bus that had a de-esser and another eq

Last edited by a moderator:
What a confusing use of pronouns. Are you the singer?

Vocals sounds good to me, mixwise at least. The guitars are a little too middy for me though.

Sorry man! but no im not the vocalist. The vocalist is a friend of mine. I did not make the music though. The original band posted an instrumental to their song so people can make vocal covers, but it was already mastered? how are the levels? the whole mix is a bit muddy for me. the guitars especially. it was recorded in wade studios though. so idk.lol

heres the orginal song:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F--oli7xsv8&ob=av2e[/ame]