Volbeat 2011??

Gallipoli Girl

New Metal Member
Sep 4, 2010
The odd ball who's never played Progpower before... super hot band...blew Nightwish out the door at the Masquerade... rivaling Metallica on tour...I mean really, isn't it just one week until we find out that Volbeat will be Progpower 2011???
Plus, of course Sabaton's the returning band!!:headbang:
...Or I will cry!

I could be wrong, but I think you will cry.

+1

My hunch - chances of Volbeat at ProgPower USA in 2011 are minimal at best, probably non existant.

Reasons:

1) When Glenn tried to book them a couple of years ago, it got all messed up (long story, will not go into details here - do a forum search if you're so inclined)

2) Volbeat has since gone on successful tours of the US. May have outgrown PP USA by now. Glenn tends to book bands that have not yet toured the US.

On the other hand - if Sabaton does come back in 2011 it would not surprise me. They were a great hit last year, Glenn specifically said he would want them to come back, and they have released a new album since their appearance last year.

+1

My hunch - chances of Volbeat at ProgPower USA in 2011 are minimal at best, probably non existant.

Reasons:

1) When Glenn tried to book them a couple of years ago, it got all messed up (long story, will not go into details here - do a forum search if you're so inclined)

2) Volbeat has since gone on successful tours of the US. May have outgrown PP USA by now. Glenn tends to book bands that have not yet toured the US.

On the other hand - if Sabaton does come back in 2011 it would not surprise me. They were a great hit last year, Glenn specifically said he would want them to come back, and they have released a new album since their appearance last year.

Agree with your reasoning about Volbeat. Although I think they might be able to headline, and it would be great to see them at Center Stage with ProgPower sound.

It's too soon for Sabaton. If they are brought back next year, I will not be disappointed--they were electric last year. But I'm not quite hungry for them again, yet.

Agree with your reasoning about Volbeat. Although I think they might be able to headline, and it would be great to see them at Center Stage with ProgPower sound.

Agreed - that's IF they were to ever come to ProgPower.

It's too soon for Sabaton. If they are brought back next year, I will not be disappointed--they were electric last year. But I'm not quite hungry for them again, yet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but we can never completely judge what Glenn may do. :lol:

While I agree that Volbeat will likely not be among the bands announced next week, saying they've "outgrown" ProgPower already is pretty silly.

I think they have in a way. They have built a strong fan base already, and I'd bet most all those fans wouldn't have a clue who most, if not all of the other bands coming to PP are. I don't know about all dates, but the two shows friends of mine went to were sold out. My opinion anyway.

At the time Glenn first booked them, I think they were a great oddball, since most in the US had never heard of them. Now it's a completely different deal.