Volbeat...

Metalized Stray Cats. How fun is that? Not normally my kind of thing, but their stuff sounds pretty good.

I dont know jack squat about this band and I went to the myspace page to check out some tunes. Someone please tell me that the song "Sad Mans Tounge" is supposed to sound like " Folsom Prison Blues" from the man in black.

I dont know jack squat about this band and I went to the myspace page to check out some tunes. Someone please tell me that the song "Sad Mans Tounge" is supposed to sound like " Folsom Prison Blues" from the man in black.

I think the lyrics should give it away:

Well my mama told me : son you better wacth out
All those nasty woman gonna rip you dime for dime
But i got my pocket full of real tales, and a broken guitar mode
And the story keep on rollin', out from a sad man's tongue

Left my mama and papa's nest
I got the fever rambling my bones
Papa said : my boy, take my Johnny Cash vinyls and go
Well i got my pocket full of real tales, and a broken guitar mode

Strollin' down the highway with uncle sam roaring : rebel kid get your ass home
Your ass belongs to me
Leave your Johnny Cash songs and get home
But i got my pocket full of real tales, and a broken guitar mode

Singing in the cell 1.40.9.5
No way should i wear guns, i'm sitting my time

Left 1.40.9.5 with plenty rock'n'roll songs painting the road
Education sucks, so i sing my song for you

And i got my pocket full of real tales
And a broken guitar mode
And the story keep on rollin' out from a glad man's tongue

And yeah seems that they are doing great in Denmark.

That would be understatement of the year :)

Actually, VolBeat has become HUGE here in Denmark. They are on MTV all the time, in the radio all the time, you can't walk into a CD-store/clothing-store or anything remotely connnected with the youth of today without hearing them over the speakers. They outsold a 2000 seater venue in Copenhagen 2 nights in a row. They are doing a sold out tour, and the media is supporting them to no end.

To be honest, I don't think there's any band in Denmark who I'm so happy about all of this happening to. I've known Michael Poulsen for years, we used to be really close and we still talk once in a while. Unfortunately we don't get to hang out so much anymore, but that's just life I guess. He hasn't changed at all - he is still the same nice down-to-earth person, and he still treats people the same.

For so many years Michael fought the ridiculous Danish metal scene with his band Dominus - a band that went from pretty brutal death metal ("View To The Dim"), to more melodic death metal ("The First 9"), to rock'a'billy death metal (actually, the album "Vol.Beat" does share a lot with the new band) and finally to more power/melodic death metal ("Goodfellas" which sounds a bit like Iced Earth meets Metallica meets Testament). Unfortunately nothing really big happened with Dominus except a lot of touring in Denmark at smaller clubs.

Anyway, I'm sooo thrilled to see VolBeat finally getting to the level they are at now, and I'm sure once the new disc is released in USA officially and the band gets over to PP and hopefully a tour, they will become HUGE. They deserve it, and I'm proud of my own little help to Glenn for getting the band locked down for PP next year. You guys really need to see this band live!!!

Claus

Uh... Volbeat covering Dusty Springfields "I Only Wanna be with You" is fucking awesome. I was forced growing up to listen to the golden oldies with Dick Biondi whenever I was with my parents, so basically I love this song.