Volume 8 review.

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
10 years later,

http://www.pheasnt.demon.co.uk/mudge/iss11/anthrx8.htm

I thought this was a good review. As much as I love Vol. 8, the only slag I can offer 10 years after is: it has a little too much "fill". A couple of songs too long. Oh well. I know a lot of people hate this album, but I feel "Crush" and "Catharsis" alone, make this a "must have".

Already, 10 fucking years!!! Man time flies. I feel like a fricking fossil.:puke:

At least Blatz is still around.

That's a pretty spot on review, though I agree that there's just maybe one or two songs too many on Volume 8 - if a couple of the weaker tracks weren't there it'd be a bona fide classic. As it is, it's still a pretty damn fine album!

Spot on!!! Great CD!
10 years has flown by!!!!:headbang:
Inside Out is one of my favorites! The only thing wrong with the Cd
is John Bush wearing that hat!!:puke:
Show the Dome!!!!!

Its probably my least favourite album of theirs but having said that I still love it.

Inside Out is such a killer track.

Worst Thrax record imo. Still killer though, there's no such thing as a crap Anthrax record.

i love this album its my favourite after sown n pot so many wicked songs stealing from a thief harms way crush catharsis etc n the bonus tracks are giving the horns is fuckin rockin and love the radiohead cover

One of their most consistent records, it wasn't overproduced. A few filler songs like P &V but they still had good riffs. This record could have done very well if it was marketed properly. It had some of Anthrax's best songs. A lot of the tracks on the second half of the record sound like filler at the first listen but after a few spins they pull you in. There may not be SUPERB songs on thhere but there aren't any bad ones either

Both Stomp 442 and Volume 8 suffered from poor marketing.

Fuck, ten years already?

What’s really messed up is in that span of ten years they only have 1 other album of original stuff out which really sucks.

This album was awesome, Crush is a killer opening song for an album, I love Dimebag’s solo on Born Again Idiot.

I know I’m posting this on an Anthrax forum, but I’m sorry but Anthrax SHOULD have been one of the most played bands on the radio of the late 90’s. This album, Stomp before it and SOWN were three of the best cd’s of the 90’s. fuck are record companies stupid.

My favorite quotes from that article

"Let's not misplace blame here. The best action of Anthrax's career was getting rid of poodle-perm noodle-rockers Joey Belladonna and Danny Spitz"

and

"Let's blame the record labels, who would rather dump old live sets and "best of" compilations on the market than actually support the band's new material."