VOLUME 8 - The Threat is Real

deathdude

Metal Thrashing Mad
May 25, 2002
Sweden
I bought this album today and I must say, I´m not a big fan of new Anthrax....Stomp 442 had some good tunes on it but it doesn´t come close to VOLUME 8!!:headbang:

I´ve heard everything before volume 8 and this is probably the best thing since State of Euphoria!!!
This fuckin masterpeace is awsome!!! LOVE it!!!:headbang:

I hope the new record will be alot like old -thrax though.

//Tom

:)

yes volume 8 rules. sound of white noise and volume 8 r my two favorites.and i have been listening to anthrax sense the begining,they r one bad that truly gets better as they get older.

Now you see me, now you don't........

Pile your dead on top of me.........

I agree with all of you and I'll add this:

Volume 8 has probably the best 3 first songs ever done by Anthrax:

Crush - Catharsis - Inside Out!

If that's not a great start to any album I don't know what is... probably:
Among - Caught - I'm the Law
;)

Stomp is better than Vol8. The mix was better guitar work was better acoording to my friend. I thought the riffs were better and Bush's singing was way better on Stomp. There are too many duds on Vol8. to even be able to compare it to the awesome Stomp 442.

Funny... I thought Stomp was a big letdown after SoWN, and Volume 8 is a step in the right direction.. I didn't like Crush or Inside Out, but the rest of the album is killer! It was quite a pleasant surprise.

Yes, it is out of print. The record label went under. It's very difficult to find. Rumor has it they will be re-issuing Vol. 8.

Coop

It's hard to find in record stores, but look around on the internet...it's usually easier to track down the album from online sellers.

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but Stomp, while still a great album, is the weakest of the three with John on vocals. Volume 8 and SOWN are both great albums that kick your ass from beginning to end. I like the way Volume 8 mixes things up and has some fun with tracks like Cupajoe and 604.

I got mine from www.gemm.com , the store in NY lied & said it was new so I didn't get the stickers. It worth it for "Harm's Way", too bad the band didn't get the royalties for it. Nobody ever talks about how much used CD's hurt the artist. BTW Stomp rules in it's own way