We've Come For You All is good. Volume 8 is better.

JRTins22

New Metal Member
Oct 27, 2003
It is just my opinion, and I am not saying that WCFYA is not a very good album, but Volume 8 is a killer album in my opinion. I keep reading reviews that say Anthrax is back. Stomp 442 and Volume 8 are awesome albums and WCFYA is a tiny step behind. Maybe it is because it hasn't grown on me but that is my first impression.

Give it a chance to grow on you. The only songs I liked when I first heard it were "What Doesn't Die","Safe Home" and "Any place but here". I love everything on it now. Most albums are like that when you first hear them. You just gotta give everything a chance to sink in and get in you head. After about a week or two of steady listening you won't be able to stop and you'll love the whole thing.

I think it's their best album with Bush. His voice is also the best i've ever heard it on WCFYA. John really takes charge of this album and is better on this one than any other Anthrax album he's recorded. John's voice is the star of this album.

Rock On!

I have to agree with the original poster. Volume 8 is a special album. It was Anthrax at their most "You know what, we don't give a fuck, let's write some good songs, no matter what they sound like" stage. It is such a hodge-podge of different styles that is beautifully weaved together. Is it as thrashy or "metal" as WCFYA? Probably not, but Volume 8 just flows so well and leaves me with a good feeling every time I hear it. It is also the first album where I will say that Charlie is a really good drummer. On the early albums I was not that impressed as his beats were typical and repetitive (I think State of Euphoria proved that, as it is considered the weakest Anthrax album, probably because it is TOO Anthrax). As time progressed he has gotten better. Now it's to the point where I'm like "I can't fuck with Charlie Benante". My favorite albums are Volume 8, Among the Living, and WCFYA in that order.

Give WCFYA a few spins. The songs are very well written. When I got DOD from Maiden it had to grow on me. It happens sometimes.

Volume 8 has some lyrics that I wish I came up with. Wcfya has some beats I wish I could play.. I personally like them both the same. But by far my favorite Anthrax album is POT. I just wish Bush sang on that one..

I think WCFYA is miles better than Vol 8 - I actually think Vol 8 is their worst record ever. Sure, there's some excellent songs on it but a lot of it is just bland and lacking hooks.

WCFYA is really a modern classic for me - it's the best thing any of the big 4 80's thrashers have done since "Seasons In The Abyss".