Anthrax - Volume 8 - The Threat is Real

mindfull

Jan 23, 2005
I went to used cd store today,Shopping for cd's & what not & I came across an Anthrax album called "Volume 8 - The Threat is Real".I only own a couple Belladonna albums.It's sorta hard find any 'Bush' albums in my area.So this is my first 'Bush' album I've ever listened to.

Basically,I've heard alot bad reviews of 'Bush' era albums.So I wasn't never really too keen on buying one of the albums...'till today.I think it's really interesting hear what alot thrash bands came up with when the trash metal scene ended or what not.alot them in the mid 90's changed their sound...

but anyway..I think this album is the best anthrax album Ive heard soo far..

I can't wait the check out the rest of their 90's material.Overkill & Anthrax are probably the most intersting,especially with Overkill,Overkill released over 7+ albums during the 90's,each different than the next....

Does anybody else have any other thrash bands that more or less changed their sound during the 90's...to add to the list?

they all pretty much did! metallica, megadeth, testament etc etc etc. a shorter list, and one that would require more discussion, would be which thrash bands didnt change their sound...

If you think V8 is a great record, wait till you hear Sound of White Noise and We've Come For You All.

They both slay V8 in my humble opinion!!!!!!!!

Go buy "We've Come For You All".This one's the ultimate Anthrax cd!!!All songs are killer!!!I think that Volume 8 is their weakest effort with Bush on vocals.
1.We've come for you all
2.Sound Of White Noise
3.Stomp 442
4.Volume 8
That's the order I like them.

Volume 8 is an amazing record. My top five "Thrax are..
1. WCFYA
2. SOWN
3. Vol. 8
4. Spreading the Disease
5. Among the Living

Notice top three are Bush albums. I wish he'd come back:(

I think that it isn't bad album but worst of Anthrax. Crush, Killing Box, Big Fat and few more are very good songs...But I can't say that same about rest. To much boring post punk.
But It doesn't matter that I don't listen to volume 8.

Go buy "We've Come For You All".This one's the ultimate Anthrax cd!!!All songs are killer!!!I think that Volume 8 is their weakest effort with Bush on vocals.
1.We've come for you all
2.Sound Of White Noise
3.Stomp 442
4.Volume 8
That's the order I like them.
WCFYA is my fav too, but if you listen to Catharsis on V8, to me that is the sickest vocal performance by Bush ever on any album. It makes my throat hurt just listening to it. Hail Bush:headbang: God I hope he returns.

Ahh catharsis,,,how many sprints around baltimore listening to that song...how many objects heaved and shamelessly destroyed in the name of raw unadulterated anger.

i've listened to it so many its caused my immune system to self destruct and now im missing work for up to 2 months while i heal from this crazy ass infection i now have. :D