Anthrax - Volume 8 - The Threat is Real

I fucking love this song! version from the Two Evils is killing me every time I press play button. This song is in my Anthrax Top 10. :kickass:

I'm glad it's not too boring for you.:lol:

The U.S. version doesn't have In My World. I'll have to pick up an import.:headbang:

Vol 8 is one of anthrax's best sleeper hit albums

Released on a virtual no name label at the time. Nobody knew, or heard of it except for the biggest fans. Hard to find even now (although i believe its been redone on the new label).

when you first listen to it, you easily might start to think "WTF? why is this so unheard of?". it's a great album. perhaps one of the Bush era's best, However i'm biased because i actually like Bush (but not on the ladies) better than Joey.

However, Even with it's amazing sound. the other Bush era albums also kick ass royally!

1. Sound of White Noise - This was Bush's first album with 'Thrax. This was a serious step in a new direction for the band. A harder, Edgier, and more aggressive sound than found on the Joey Era. gone are the joking and aloof sounds. This album was serious and had edge!

2. We've Come For You All - Anthrax? Whos' that? unless you are a fan, you might have thought antrhax was gone. After being lambasted by the popular media for their name during the anthrax scare, and not having a major record release publicly known for almost a decade (stomp and vol8 were on failed labels), this album was a blast of hard, Heavy, Loud, and inspired music. This album brought a real come back of metal back to the forefront. When was the last time i walked into a record store and saw a thrash metal band (besides metallica) with their album in the Top 10? this was it. This album brought anthrax out from their club status and back into the arena's and stadiums.

3. Greater of 2 evils - I know. Self covers. But to hear BUSH do the belladonna stuff is great. TO hear him do the belladonna stuff so hard, Edgier, Faster and insane. EVEN GREATER. this is what sets the bush era appart for Joey. Bush paid credit to the era and would play the classics. Joey refused to play any "bush" era songs.

4. Vol 8 - as I said. Sleeper hit. See above :p

5. Stomp 442. - this album is great. But you can feel that they weren't a happy band. new label that wasn't doing well. no support money wise. it's raw, edgie, and a great album. but again, Virtually unheard of except for by people who follow Anthrax

We've Come For You All didn't exactly put them in stadiums (though it's probably my favorite album and it indeed did fucking rule). A lot more people did start talking about them, that's for sure.

Vol. 8 wasn't on an unheard of label, Tommy Boy was a popular hip/hop label, but they went under as soon as it came out.

Stomp 442's label was actually doing really well - Elektra. They were a huge, major label. But while the label was doing well, Anthrax wasn't - because Elektra didn't give a shit about Anthrax.

I thought Stomp was released AFTER elektra dumped them.

Either way, by the time it came out, Elektra decided that Anthrax wasn't worth a load of piss and gave no support. the album was released and basically thrown immeidately into the "discount" and "to be forgotten" bins

Go buy "Stomp 442".This one's the ultimate Anthrax cd!!!All songs are killer!!!I think that Volume 8 is their weakest effort with Bush on vocals.

1. Stomp 442 (rules!)
2. We've come for you all
3. Sound Of White Noise
4. Greater of two evils
5. Volume 8
That's the order I like them.

Just got thinking about this - Ignition Records, the label that "Volume 8" was on, is out of business. Who is handling distribution of this disc now, or is it out of print?

V8 is pretty good - Anthrax being my favourite band I have all their studio albums, and I rate V8 in my top five - remember the first time I heard Inside Out, still is a song I look forward to hearing live ....

Just got thinking about this - Ignition Records, the label that "Volume 8" was on, is out of business. Who is handling distribution of this disc now, or is it out of print?

Sanctuary, if they are still signed to the label. They put out a re-release.

We've Come For You All didn't exactly put them in stadiums (though it's probably my favorite album and it indeed did fucking rule). A lot more people did start talking about them, that's for sure.

Vol. 8 wasn't on an unheard of label, Tommy Boy was a popular hip/hop label, but they went under as soon as it came out.

Stomp 442's label was actually doing really well - Elektra. They were a huge, major label. But while the label was doing well, Anthrax wasn't - because Elektra didn't give a shit about Anthrax.

Yes! i remember that hard anthrax times, i think roadrunner or megaforce is the best choice for anthrax