Vote for Seventh Wonder!

I voted for it the other day. Definitely the best album on the list. Only others that came close for me this year were Kiuas - Lustdriven, Accept - Blood of the Nations, and Mindwarp Chamber - Supernova. Though there were many other great albums this year, those were in contention for first place for me.

'Victims of the Modern Age' is a nice album, but to me there's no contest at all comparing it to 'TGE'.

Who Fuck is "Haken"?!?!?!

Anyway, the real contest is between Seventh Wonder-The Great Escape and Star One-Victims of the Modern Age.

HAKEN is a fantastic progressive metal/progressive rock band. If you are actively looking for bands and try to keep up with the style as much as you can (especially on the UM forums), then you should know who Haken is.

Check them out. They're getting a lot of buzz, and they're playing ProgPower USA next year.

Who Fuck is "Haken"?!?!?!

Anyway, the real contest is between Seventh Wonder-The Great Escape and Star One-Victims of the Modern Age.

Haken? They're just the band that put out this year's best prog album hands down. I was about to vote for SW but I saw Haken on the list...tough choice but I went with them :/

And Star One is one of the worst album on the list imo, but still a good listen because of Sir Russell.

1.- "Victims of the modern Age" makes my mind explode!!! I think that is one of the best album I've ever listened: the concept, singers, musicans, compositions... it's perfect! and the DTJeff's ranking IS NOT THE LAW. Besides, I read in other topic that Andreas recommended This new Star One's release.

2.- Haken...I've never listened that name before, but I gave them a chance and I heard the available songs on myspace. If anyone have a favorite album of Haken to recommend me, I'll be glad to listen it.

3.- I'M HERE TO WRITE ABOUT SEVENTH WONDER!!! Hahaha... I'm preparing my review for one of the best albums of this year...The Great Escape!

Greetings ;)

2.- Haken...I've never listened that name before, but I gave them a chance and I heard the available songs on myspace. If anyone have a favorite album of Haken to recommend me, I'll be glad to listen it.

there is only "aquarius". It is a good album, but a bit weird at some times. I especially do not understand why they made these growled parts. I absolutely hate growling and think it doesn't fit the album in the least. The beginning of "Streams" and the chorus of "Celestial Elixir" really do stand out though. Didnt listen to it too much yet admittedly

I just checked out Haken. It's good stuff, don't get me wrong, but they lack the variety that Seventh Wonder offers. Nearly every song has the same tempo.