Votum - Time Must Have a Stop (2008) -WOW!

Anakinnnn

Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
Hey gang....
I don't post a whole lot anymore because I find a lot of bands sounding so much the same that I end up going into my back catalog and enjoying my old stuff so much more than the new stuff.....with some obvious exceptions.

But I am here to tell you that for all of you looking for something new, yet classic sounding prog from the mid-to-late nineties.....have I got a treat for you.

"Vauxdvihl - To Dimension Logic" was one of those albums that has gone unmatched over the years and held some magic that sadly the band only produced once. Another Australian band's album that has a similar "distant" sound that I love is "Vanishing Point - Tangled in Dream" which for me is a must have for any prog fan.

Oddly enough, I have found a perfect mix of these two albums and it is VOTUM - TIME MUST HAVE A STOP.

The singer is a dead ringer for the singer from Vauxdvihl and the musical style and playing is more akin to the musicians in Vanishing Point and the mixing and production is similar to Vauxdvihl.....

I rarely, RARELY, recommend bands these days and these guys are exactly what I have needed to get me up to speed lately and give me hope that good prog is still out there being produced.

VOTUM - TIME MUST HAVE A STOP
http://www.myspace.com/votumband

Track this down if you are at all a fan of Vauxdvihl or Vanishing Point or that mid-nineties style prog band sound that rarely exists these days.

Plus, these guys have to be good because they ALSO start with a "V".

Anakinnnn
Jason

NP: VOTUM - TIME MUST HAVE A STOP