VREID NEWS!

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
VREID, the Norwegian band formed by former WINDIR members Hváll (bass), Steingrim (drums) and Sture (vocals, guitar), will perform at a CD-release party for their new album, "Pitch Black Brigade", on April 12 at the Rock In club in Oslo. The event will also feature a premiere of the group's video for the song "Pitch Black". Support at the show will come from BATTERED and BENEA REACH.

"Pitch Black Brigade" was recorded at studio 1184 and was mixed at Subsonic Society with Lars Klokkerhaug. The mastering is scheduled to take place on January 20 at Tailor Maid in Stockholm. A March 27 European release through Tabu Records is expected (Candlelight Records in the U.S.).

"Pitch Black Brigade" track listing:

01. Då Draumen Rakna
02. Pitch Black
03. Left To Hate
04. The Red Smell
05. Hengebjørki
06. Our Battle
07. Hang ‘Em All
08. Eit Kapitell For Seg Sjølv

I don't like this band, but you guys do, so hey!

Heh, so people* like new Darkthrone but they don't like Vreid who are doing the punk BM thing a million times better. Alrighty then.....

*oompas.

Crimson Velvet said:
Windir is miles better than Vreid. The only reason I'll buy this is that little hope that some past glory will shine through.

Absolute truth. Vreid sort of sucks sometimes, but there's definitely some good stuff in there.

well i never *meant* to stop. just seems i go for stoner, doom rock, softer shit, folk, ambient, funeral doom (Aes fucking rules, just heard it recently), drone, etc. before good old death & black.

Demilich said:
well i never *meant* to stop. just seems i go for stoner, doom rock, softer shit, folk, ambient, funeral doom (Aes fucking rules, just heard it recently), drone, etc. before good old death & black.

Ehhh I understand. I went into total stoner mode for about two months not too long ago. There's nothing wrong about it, you'll probably find that black/death desire coming back some day!