VST Version of Axe-FX!!!!!!!!

Unless this one doesn't require the hardware version as a dongle, old news I'm afraid

EDIT: Looks like it's the Axe-PC you need, rather than the FX - couldn't find a price after a quick skim though...

You MUST buy the Axe-PC hardware interface for the product to work. The hardware interface is also your product key. Each one is serialized and locked to your software. The software will NOT run if the interface is not attached to your computer. You don't need to use the interface (i.e. if you're running as a plug-in) but it still needs to be attached. Your computer also needs to be connected to the internet periodically to verify licensing.

hmmm

Reminds me of this...

neuron_vs_pack.jpg

And we all know how well that did... so well they went bust!

Worst idea ever . . .

I think this would have been great. Pro Tools forces us to use an Ilok and you have to download updates every once in a while and I don't see near as many people complaining about that.

Connecting my audio pc to the internet would be one small sacrifice i would be willing to take to have the best hardware amp modeler (in my opinion of course) in plug-in format.

I think forcing the internet connection is messed up. I think having to buy the hardware to use the vst/au/rtas/ect sucks. For all that I'll skip the plugin and just use the hardware. I would like to see a plugin version of it without the bs. (this is only because I assume the cost would be way lower) I understand they are worried about piracy but this is too much in IMO. Then again I can't stand the iLock so . . .

I would have been far more exited without the required axe-fx hardware. A standalone axe fx VST would def. get my money

Reminds me of this...

neuron_vs_pack.jpg

And we all know how well that did... so well they went bust!

Fuck my old boss had one of those and I spent YEARS trying to make it work properly hahahahahaha. I went to their booth at namm in like 2004 I think and the guy there basically told me straight up to not expect any updates......and sure enough they went under a bit later hahaha.

I think this would have been great. Pro Tools forces us to use an Ilok and you have to download updates every once in a while and I don't see near as many people complaining about that.

People are bitching about having to use Digi interfaces to run PT all the time. Needing a hardware unit to run an amp modeling plugin kinda defeats the purpose IMO, though.