W.A.S.P. Cancel North American Tour

See You In Hell

Is this the real McCoy?
Feb 13, 2007
five-venoms.spaces.live.com
I stumbled upon this information today:

According to a band update, "veteran shock rockers W.A.S.P. have been forced to cancel their upcoming U.S. tour (which included ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY on many of the dates) due to its North American label losing its distribution. The tour will be rescheduled at a later undisclosed date.

Not sure how many of you were planning to see W.A.S.P. -- I was for one -- but I thought I'd pass along the info. Hopefully, all will be sorted out to the satisfaction of all parties concerned and a tour will take place.

If someone in the know could explain to me about: a) how a label loses its distribution and 2) how/why this matters for a tour I would appreciate it. I enjoy knowing more about all these sorts of things.

I stumbled upon this information today:

According to a band update, "veteran shock rockers W.A.S.P. have been forced to cancel their upcoming U.S. tour (which included ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY on many of the dates) due to its North American label losing its distribution. The tour will be rescheduled at a later undisclosed date.

Not sure how many of you were planning to see W.A.S.P. -- I was for one -- but I thought I'd pass along the info. Hopefully, all will be sorted out to the satisfaction of all parties concerned and a tour will take place.

If someone in the know could explain to me about: a) how a label loses its distribution and 2) how/why this matters for a tour I would appreciate it. I enjoy knowing more about all these sorts of things.
Interesting. Thanks for posting this. Gonna see them in Germany, but I'd certainly like to know more about this situation.

distribution matters cause i cant go to my 'wal-mart' and buy the disc. Therefore those who would buy disc at wal mart wont get to hear record and prob. wont know of tour. Which equals bad ticket sales

a) well, the distributor decides which labels he want to take care of in his area based on sale and $$$. If t.ex. label X doesn't sell much in the distributors area, but still wants distributor to take at least 100 or 500 copies of each new title, then the distributor of course don't want to carry the titles from label X. Or if the price he has to pay per copy he takes in doesn't match what he sells them for to his customers, then he doesn't carry label X.

b) it matters because of the albums of the artist won't be available in stores in that country/area. And because without a distributor kicking in either tour support or promotion, the tour will be a financial failure.

c.

i think they cancel cuz blackie cant comeup with anything new that beats the bloody pillow/chicken the sparking codpiece and ummm, oh the screwing the nun with the blade attached to his codpiece, yeah. i'd be outta ideas too. Which leads me to think...there may be an UNPLUGGED W.A.S.P.? oh god no!
lol

:mad: I am completely bummed about this. Had tickets and dinner reservations to boot. True Blackie has canceled shows in the past but he has at least played in L.A. and other place in the states. I got my c.d. from Amazon so I was surprised to hear that the U.S. version was not due to come out.

Money must be the reason for this cancelation. Now my birthday month is down to one concert, Rush.:mad: