Wacken 2005

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
OK so we know Dissection is on board, but have you seen the current line up?

Germans are so predictable: power metal, old school, and thrash. Everything else seems to be a token gesture at this point, not including the mullets. That is in German DNA. :D

Nightwish are obviously more popular than I thought, looks like they're a headliner along with Accept. Power metal & Germany...no brainer.

Axel Rudi Pell - ha ha.

Apocalyptica bringing their cellos to the stage. Never heard these guys, but they do seem to get some respect.

Edguy back again - seen them twice at ProgPower now - raiseyourbeerandsingalong MaidenRyche-ish metal. Huge in Germany obviously.

Ensiferum & Finntroll - that would be pretty cool I guess, but I can't help but think this stuff doesn't work as well in a large venue.

Obituary - reformed, lots of excitement from lots of 30-somethings.

Overkill - thrash bands at Wacken always go down well (Annihilator not included, I presume).

Marduk - scary upside down crosses and beer guts.

Mercenary - Nevermore-style technical power metal with death vocals thrown in. Great, great band, and should work very well at Wacken.

Suffocation - could go either way. Not sure how 'brutal' death metal works in a large open venue.

Still some time to go, not bad so far compared to Wacken's normal initial offerings, but the headliners....they need two more really SOLID big bands that aren't old school or wimpy. I wouldn't be surprised if it were Iced Earth and Slayer.

Huh, that interests me approx. not at all. I'd like to see Finntroll, Dissection, and Suffocation, but not in a big venue.

Whoa, not a bad idea. If I get on a boat for that long though, it'll be on my terms dammit.

A friend and I are planning on sailing the high seas before we get old, it's gonna rule when we die in some horrific storm like REAL MEN.

It was pretty good. I did like Obituary more than Suffo, but these days, I dunno, I just need something more when it comes to death metal.

I've been listening to Melechesh's "Djinn" lately. I don't know what to do about their debut because of the mixed response, but based on "Djinn" and "Sphynx" alone, this is one of the greatest DM bands in existence.

I really like those two as well. I've got the re-release digi of the debut. It's pretty much straight up black metal. Not bad by any means, but there was definitely improvement before Djinn came out. Maybe it's because Prosciptor wasn't on the debut. At least I think he wasn't.

OBITUARY has a track called "Suffocation" on Slowly We Rot that is just ... ugh ... such a brutal tune.

Weren't there some pics from a Wacken get together of some people from this board ... I think from 2002-2003 ??? Where are they?

Who's who here?

Margugs has to be the guy on the left ... he looks like an anal lover :heh:

DSCF0090.JPG

actually I think gugs is the one in the middle with his arm around the black guy whilst wearing a Graveland shirt, ahaha

I thought ChiefB was the dude on the left.

General Zod said:
That line up sucks ass.

Zod
Are you talking about the pic lineup or the Wacken 2005 lineup?
Becuase there is definetelly an actual "ass sucker" in the pic lineup :loco: :tickled:

J. said:
actually I think gugs is the one in the middle with his arm around the black guy whilst wearing a Graveland shirt, ahaha

I thought ChiefB was the dude on the left.

I thought Chief B WAS the black guy :D

JayKeeley and ChiefB have both been called "black" by regulars on this forum now, whoa man am I cracking up horrendously.

Like when everyone thought those fat beaners I posted were Asian kids hahahahaha some of you fuckers live in 100% white society I guess. :loco:

Picture caption:

Mark: "Somebody catch me, I'm passing out!"
metal slut: "Furst zee licking, then zee spanking..."
Guy on the right: "Fuckin' German toilets!"
Chief B: "I'm getting me some of that metal slut action..."
Wacken stagehand: "I'm the token black guy!"