Wacken 2005

Erik said:
I don't see how this is relevant as you made damn sure to eradicate any statistically significant amount of native inhabitants or culture, making your country in its current state essentially a 200 year old affair.
No I didn't! :D I know that on the whole native Americans were wiped out, but I actually grew up with a lot surrounding me. I've never lived more than an hour away from some reservation, so native Americans weren't just "those funny feather people I read about at Thanksgiving."
Erik said:
Huh. I don't know what you're trying to say exactly but for a country not based on immigration, where there's been living people for 8000 years, a sudden influx of 20% immigrants into an area (we're talking timeframes of 10-20 years here) makes it rather valid for me to say "hey I live in an area with a lot of immigrants"
This was an incomplete thought, I was sidetracked by something but posted anyhow, and now I don't remember what my point was. Blah.

Erik said:
Actually if I lived in the US I might want to move OUT shortly to escape religious persecution :loco:
I've never been forced to church! Hopefully we'll never undergo ReNeducation.

political asylum <> worker immigration

All political asylum seekers should be given automatic access to the USA:

1 - The USA has the space and funding to take on board more people. I still can't get over the fact that the population of the USA is only 260 million. Do you realize that states like Utah and Iowa are near empty? And yet they are bigger than Poland or Ukraine. Indeed, you could fit the whole of Israel into one state here *cough*

2 - It was the USA that fucked things up in their country in the first place causing them to want to leave

3 - The USA is obligated to serve others. It is Great Britain's dumping ground. Move all the Hong Kong chinese to San Fransisco and give them back their train tracks.

4 - How many people can I actually offend here?

5 - I need to take a piss.

Erik said:
As it stands, though, you replaced it with whatever you have now, so...
03-04-02mcdos.jpg

Actually you'd be surprised how much native culture is left in the southwestern US, a lot of may be bastardized but it is still there.

Erik said:
Lisa: "Except, of course, Native Americans."
Homer: "Yeah, Native Americans like us!"
Lisa: "No, I mean American Indians!"
Apu: "Like me!"
Pure genius. One of their finer exchanges.
Erik said:
I'm talking about stuff like this and I think we'll be seeing more actions in the spirit of this during the coming 4 years

"Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?
Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.
Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?
Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
Yeah Bush is an idiot. "Of course everyone is equal, as long as they are just like me." Two heads on every coin type. I don't think he could accomplish anything wacky though, people have been trying to get prayer back in school since it was taken out, to no avail. *keeps fingers crossed*

JK exemplifies the confusion an outsider would have to face when coming to America

He is if Indian decent, looks like an Arab, has a British Accent, lives in a Jewish neighbourhood, has a white wife, drives a Japanese car and has a white collar job ... oh yeah ... and he also likes sushi and listens to Black Metal.

In the words of Dvae Chapelle ... that is just fucking confusing.

:D

lurch70 said:
He is if Indian decent, looks like an Arab, has a British Accent, lives in a Jewish neighbourhood, has a white wife, drives a Japanese car and has a white collar job ... oh yeah ... and he also likes sushi and listens to Black Metal.
hahahaha I'll bet Lady Liberty shrugged when he first got here. :loco:

"Who the fuck are you?"
"OY! I'm JayKeeley you saucy bint!"
"...whatever dude, welcome and shit."

Only took 5 years to get my greencard. I was expecting them to roll out the red carpet. :D

"Congratulations", said the greencard officer, to which I replied, "I'm the one doing you the favour, mate".

I was interviewed by INS officers who could barely speak English by the way.

Nevertheless, my British passport and UK citizenship remain intact.

JayKeeley said:
Only took 5 years to get my greencard. I was expecting them to roll out the red carpet. :D

"Congratulations", said the greencard officer, to which I replied, "I'm the one doing you the favour, mate".

I was interviewed by INS officers who could barely speak English by the way.

Nevertheless, my British passport and UK citizenship remain intact.
When we came to America with my family in '84 I remember we had to give up our Romanian Citizenship in order to make the whole process move faster. Granted we came here totally legally, when Romania was going through it's most hardcore Communist times. My mother actually knew a guy who was working with the Romanian equivalent of the KGB. There were a lot of hush hush meetings with her and him ... or maybe she was just dating him :err:

lurch70 said:
JK exemplifies the confusion an outsider would have to face when coming to America

In the words of Dvae Chapelle ... that is just fucking confusing.

:D

that's pretty EEEWWIIRRRDDDSSS when you think about it.