Wacken 2007 Reports

Dec 16, 2002
www.facebook.com
glad to hear Tyr and Turisas got a great response. My prediction is that Turisas are in for big things. Once the lazy americans find out about this band...watch out. Hands down this would be a huge draw for Powerfest to get them before they break out.

glad to hear Tyr and Turisas got a great response. My prediction is that Turisas are in for big things. Once the lazy americans find out about this band...watch out. Hands down this would be a huge draw for Powerfest to get them before they break out.
They were pretty damn cool ... had the crowd going crazy. The people came ready for action with fake swords, axes, flags, etc. I was so pissed I couldn't get near the action. They clearly should have been on one of the bigger stages.

For Tyr I did get up close .. that was wild. Me and Jason started off together around the 15th row or so, and I wound up on the left ... 3rd row, and Jason wound up on the right 1st row. The crowd was into it the whole way thru.

Either of these bands would be a nice score for a US fest ... Turisas being the better pick because of their great stage apperance ... blood colored face/body paint, battle gear, etc. Cool visual stuff, and a good band to boot.

Britt

odds are Rob would never book either. I think Turisas would be a huge catch for the fest. I have seen a bunch of videos of thier live show and Iam always blown away by it. Even non fans of that type of metal would be sucked in I think. I have a feeling that eventually they will be one of those bands that will be an opener for a bigger band and then they will catch on here....they would be a perfect fit for the Amon Amarth tour or something like that. I would kill to see them.

Tyr also would be great. While not as known by lots of metal fans, they are an incredible band. Again, I would love to see them live.

Britt, sounds like an amazing experience.
In all honesty, I am not even sure I would be able to physically handle it!
Seems like many trips to the gym would be necessary!

the hardest part for me is deciding which band to see while another good band is playing. that is the issue with me and those huge fest. You are going to miss someone that you want to see, plus some bands cant handle that huge stage it seems. I have a bunch of DVD's from Waken and some bands seem lost up there with that much space to play on.

the hardest part for me is deciding which band to see while another good band is playing. that is the issue with me and those huge fest.

Yeah, that would be a big issue for me too.
I don't really go to shows for the whole "social" aspect of it all.
I have nothing against people who do, but I don't really care about the partying and socializing, etc.
I would go to see the bands, period.
Granted, the whole marketplace is probably cool as hell, and of course visiting a foreign land would be great too.

Though at the actual event, seeing the bands would be most important.

I question though if it is the best environment for actually witnessing a band perform live, in the midst of all the chaos.