Wacken 2007 - The Report is now posted

Personal favourite:

WOA10.jpg

It's a tough life reporting from Wacken :loco:

Very enjoyable read! It was nice to be reminded about it all, and it has really made me want to go back there again.

I didn't realise you guys weren't camping. I can definitely understand why people wouldn't want to camp, but for me, it's one of the things I really like about going to festivals. Sucks that you were so ill for most of it. I too got absolutely FUCKING WASTED on the Thursday night (and actually missed all the bands) but thankfully I felt ok the next day! It did teach me to take it easy the next two nights though.

Are you guys going next year?

Very enjoyable read! It was nice to be reminded about it all, and it has really made me want to go back there again.

Thanks Doom - it was definitely blast early on at the fest, then became more about specific bands later on, but looking back as a whole it was a blast.

Doom said:
I didn't realise you guys weren't camping. I can definitely understand why people wouldn't want to camp, but for me, it's one of the things I really like about going to festivals.

Yeah, we definitely differ on that one - just too dirty for my tastes. It's tough enough to stand there for 12 hours in the open fields without having to try and find your tent in sea of drunken people while also trying not to step and/or sleep in puddles of human waste and trash. I know it's obviously not like that 100% of the time, but it's enough that I don't really want to deal with it if I can avoid it.

Doom said:
Sucks that you were so ill for most of it. I too got absolutely FUCKING WASTED on the Thursday night (and actually missed all the bands) but thankfully I felt ok the next day! It did teach me to take it easy the next two nights though.

Tell me about it - though fortunately you survived; I was a train wreck but did all I could to push myself the rest of the way.

Doom said:
Are you guys going next year?

Probably not (we'll likely hit another festival like Metal Camp or something), but I do have two rooms reserved just in case other plans fall through.

Jason

Awesome write ups. :kickass: I cannot believe it takes 30 minutes to get from one stage area to the next. If the sound is that great, I have to think Immortal were unruly.

One day I'll make it to Wacken, maybe next year, maybe not. It does sound like there's too many people and too much shit, piss, and mud everywhere. :erk: :tickled: After metal camp, I've become spoiled for shaded river banks and starry nights. :loco:

And yeah, forget the tent business, give me a hotel any day. Those porta-toilets at fests are disgusting. If I want to take a shit, I'd like to follow it up with this simple invention called the flush.

Oh those Jaegerbombs ripped me up. It's like liquid crack or something. All of the crazy pictures of me stem from that fateful, but fun Thirsday evening.

Britt

That was indeed a wild, but incredibly fun night.

Everyone, don't forget to check out Britt's photo blog of the event at:

http://darktide-britt.blogspot.com/

It's really well done and is a fun read as well.

Jason

Those are some pretty wicked pictures Jason, and that video of Tyrants is fucking mindblowing! :headbang:

By the time I have enough resources to make it Wacken all the greatest bands will be playing the nursing home circuit.

Edit: Hahaha, what is up with the Jesus guy in Britt's blog?
I didn't find out the whole story there, but I'm guessing he's just one of the crazy folks that attended the festival. We actually saw the guy carrying around a full size wooden cross at one point.

Britt

I cannot believe it takes 30 minutes to get from one stage area to the next.

It doesn't. The four stages are all within a few minutes walk from each other.

It's a fair walk from the camp-site to the arena if that's what you mean, but I wouldn't say 30 minutes.

Wow, the reviews and the Immortal Video made me want to go next year. If you fuckers end up going and want somebody who speaks the language... lemme know! Definetly interested now... if the lineup is good.

Main reasons I didn't go were financial, VISA related and starting a new job... :(

Actually... it's pretty funny. He was hanging with a buddy. Jesus wouldn't speak, only his buddy would. If a woman wanted Jesus to prey for their souls, they had to first show him their tits.

LOL! This certainly qualified as one of the dramatic moments I alluded to in my report that you "just have to do a little bit of walking around" to discover.

That dude was so realistic looking it was downright creepy. :lol: