Wacken 2007 Roll Call

s_a_o

The Face of Melinda
Mar 9, 2006
So, who on this board is going?

Is anybody that's going interesting in hanging out for a pint or seven, perhaps?

You're with the Kerrazy people on the reserved camp ground? That's ground D like last year? I'll bring a few beers and see if you're there :p

we still have to buy the beer actually...

I havent spoken English in 2 years, i might mix it with German, it's going to be fun :lol:
It's also going to be weird to speak English with Taliesin too :p

Gotta get up at 5:00am on Wednesday because one of my friends chose a silly early flight. ;<

we're going on the 1st too. Taliesin and I wanted to go the day before, but my brother can only be at my home on th 31st because before that he works (he knew he was going to Wacken, but picked up the worst dates he could for his 2 weeks summer job :p). So we will leave Wednesday morning.

Haha, I just found out that a really good friend from England will be sharing a tent with me, and that I won't be with the Kerrazy people. :p I didn't know them really well (just one or two guys from the NY scene that are camping there), but this will be a better arrangement.

We'll meet up at the beer garden or some shit.

I just found out that my cell phone isn't going to work in Germany, so I'm probably going to rent one or something at the airport. Otherwise, I probably won't find my English friend.

I just found out that my cell phone isn't going to work in Germany, so I'm probably going to rent one or something at the airport. Otherwise, I probably won't find my English friend.

It wont work because you dont have international roaming, or is it because its a triband phone that doesnt work with biband network?
When i was in the US, my cell phone from Belgium could receive calls, but i couldnt call anyone because i didnt have international roaming (well i only had it for europe). But i could buy a american prepaid sim card that worked in my phone. If its too expensive to rent a phone (i didnt even know you could do that) maybe look for a prepaid card (if your phone work with european network). It would cost you like 20 euros, and you have 10 euros credit included.
I dont know if they could activate it for you in fact, because here they asked for my address in Germany and my ID. In Belgium though, they didnt ask for anything, they just give you the card and its ready to use. Maybe it depends of the company?

I just had an idea:
could you please brind me a bottle of Mountain Dew if you still have some room in your bag, and if it isnt too heavy? you cant find some here in Europe and I miss it :p

Well I went to my phone provider and they said that they would have to have the company unlock the phone 14 days before I want to use it overseas. It's too late for that.

Where can one rent a phone?

Yep, I'll bring you some Mountain Dew on my checked luggage. I'm bringing a duffel bag of stuff. My English friend already wants some American root beer because he wants to taste it. :p

Where can one rent a phone?
I did some research and found this:
http://www.cellhire.com/index.htm
http://www.rentacellularphone.com/default.asp
http://www.cellularabroad.com/germanyRcell.php

I dont know whats best... here on thos sites, you can rent it directly from the US, but its maybe a bit late...
I didnt find anything interesting in Germany, and what i found was in german only so it wouldnt be very usefull

Yep, I'll bring you some Mountain Dew on my checked luggage. I'm bringing a duffel bag of stuff. My English friend already wants some American root beer because he wants to taste it. :p

Many thanks :kickass: :kickass: .
We will bring you some good German beer.
My brother said he would also bring my favorite Belgian beer but i dont know how many bottles he can bring... If there is enough to share i will bring one for you!

Root beer? :p i dont want to taste that again :puke: . All the other exchange students i knew said it tasted like some medications...

Hahahaha. That's what my friend said. He still wants to taste some.

What is your mobile number? I want to get in touch with you guys somehow.

Back on point, for those taking a camera - I'll give free e-sex to anyone who can get me a picture of an arrow-shaped sign with "Itzehoe" on it.

I don't know why I want one. I just do.

Haha, I won't make any promises, but I'll try to get you one.

I figured out that I can unlock my bro's phone to get service in Germany. I'll get it figured out.