Wacken Carnage Appreciation

L0bster

OneTwo!
Feb 28, 2002
Stockholm
Visit site
I guess there is not really any use for a thread like this, but fuck it:

Wacken Carnage is the ultimate bloodbath release. I've been blasting it in headphones for a while now going to work, going to the gym etc. It's a schockwave of quallity death metal. The sound is raw and powerful, but not as "digitally trying to sound like sunlight studios" as RTC. The performance is tight and we get to hear Swanö and to some extent Blakkheim do lots of nice backup growls spiceing it all up. The entire Breeding Death EP is represented. They do the left hand path thingie from phantasm towards the end. Everything is perfect.

I find myself picking up this one rather than TFM, any day, any time. There's so much more energy packed into it.

Don't want this to turn into a TFM vs Wacken Carnage flame-feast, I just feel like TWC deserves some attention, given its low score in the poll.

I think the same... except for the fact that, to me, the performance wasn't really that tight... that's why I like it so much though, everything there sounds raw! just like in the good old days :)

WC is amazing... btw IS EVERYONE DOING AALLLLLRRRIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTT? (and you must answer in death metal voice, please.)

Pfffff, it blows NMF out of he water because it has Mike on vox rather than Peter ;)

I agree L0bster, one of the funnest/nostalgic/energetic things I've heard in a while. My fav track: Like fire (SOOOOOOOOO heavy!)

I think the same... except for the fact that, to me, the performance wasn't really that tight... that's why I like it so much though, everything there sounds raw! just like in the good old days :)

Actually you got a point. I think Axe is damn tight, but the other guys are a bit sloppy, and yes, it trades the right feel.

Fave tunes? Breeding Death, Ways To The Grave (eventho first chorus is not as asskicking as the rest of 'em), Brave New Hell and Furnace Funeral.

Death Metal should be performed drunken and semi tight. Just look at Dismember. Best live band available and definitely not the tightest by a long shot.

I'm guessing you're going to see them in November then? the 20th anniversary show

I'm too young to go! :cry:

and The Wacken Carnage is beyond awesome.

I'm guessing you're going to see them in November then? the 20th anniversary show

I'm too young to go! :cry:

and The Wacken Carnage is beyond awesome.

Oh yes, of course. My 7th Dismember gig. Big lawls at that :lol: Oh, so that place can serve alcohol now? Last time I was there it was folköl and gheynezz. But that was when it was called mondo.

Oh yes, of course. My 7th Dismember gig. Big lawls at that :lol: Oh, so that place can serve alcohol now? Last time I was there it was folköl and gheynezz. But that was when it was called mondo.

damn you!

Oh well, I think I'm going to Göteborg to see them. Better than not seeing them.

My favourites are the breeding death EP (all 3), Like Fire, Brave new hell and Bastard son of god. And I agree that it is an ass kicking release. I am sir schwanzelot and I appreciate The Wacken Carnage.