Wacken! Wacken! Wacken!!!!!

Hails,
I dont know if someone else already has a Wacken thread -I didnt have time to look really- sorry if this is a repeat!~
Wacken is almost upon us and yet again I am going to rank among the "non-attenders". Its fucking devastating to me that I have to miss yet another year. What would it seriously take to get there? I have no idea how much everything would cost. Has anyone from the states ever been? IF so, how much did it cost for everything including plane fare and transportation etc... Please let me know- thanks!!

Never fly direct. Always go via London and then buy a separate connecting flight. You can save hundreds that way because flying to London now is sooo cheap.

But then, having said that, I'm not a poor student living on skid row. It's all relative innit. :D

I actually have 3 connections. Washington, Frankfurt, and then Hamburg. It was the cheapest way to do it.

I'm checking on going back next year for the Blind Guardian festival. Lufthansa wants $1900 direct from Columbus! YIKES!! :eek:

Let me tell you that I've not been either, and it's become this "must do" situation for me, I'm almost obsessed about it. :D

Well ok, I am obsessed. I'm going next year come hell or high water. My girlfriend and I have already begun planning it. Of course she'll be joining me after the show. You know, she doesn't :headbang:...

Anyway, to all going. I hate you. And I hail you \m/ :mad:

Originally posted by eppst1

I'm checking on going back next year for the Blind Guardian festival.

What festival is that then....? *interest sparked!!!*

Lufthansa wants $1900 direct from Columbus! YIKES!! :eek:

muwaha ha ha...revenge of the Germans. However, since you choose to live in corn country.... :D

It's probably worth you getting a ticket to NYC and then connecting. I mean, you can buy a car for $1900.

Originally posted by markgugs
Let me tell you that I've not been either, and it's become this "must do" situation for me, I'm almost obsessed about it. :D

Well ok, I am obsessed. I'm going next year come hell or high water. My girlfriend and I have already begun planning it. Of course she'll be joining me after the show. You know, she doesn't :headbang:...

Anyway, to all going. I hate you. And I hail you \m/ :mad:

Mark - are there any package Wacken trips from NY/NJ?

If not, we should set something up....you know, organize group discount or something on flight+hotel+ticket with a local travel agent. I bet there are loads of people who would go.

Maybe get a stopover in Amsterdam on the way back...*wicked grinning*

If not, fuck it, I'm going anyway. Wacken needs to become my yearly pilgramage.

:Smokedev:

Originally posted by JayKeeley

What festival is that then....? *interest sparked!!!*

The Blind Guardian festival is being held next year in Coburg Germany.

Go to the Blind Guardian website (www.blindguardian.com), click on tours, scroll down the page, and click on the Blind Guardian festival.

BG will be playing both nights with different sets. The bands so far... Rage, Grave Digger, Freedom Call, Brain Storm, Metallium, Mago de Oz, Tankard, White Skull, A.O.K., and Stormhammer.

Sweet stuff!

Originally posted by eppst1

The Blind Guardian festival is being held next year in Coburg Germany.

Go to the Blind Guardian website (www.blindguardian.com), click on tours, scroll down the page, and click on the Blind Guardian festival.

BG will be playing both nights with different sets. The bands so far... Rage, Grave Digger, Freedom Call, Brain Storm, Metallium, Mago de Oz, Tankard, White Skull, A.O.K., and Stormhammer.

Sweet stuff!

That´s a killer line up !! *Makes plan to attend*