American Wacken Stuff

Dec 27, 2004
Hey, i was just wondering how much it cost everyone (americans) to get to wacken, and what routes did you take (airlines, countries, busses, all that stuff)? Also, whos going again? Thanks mates.

-Tully

seeing as how im 18 and live with mum for now and have a fulltime job i can afford to spend lots and lots of money for now, haha. yayyyyy for wackennn

JayKeeley said:
Are Accept, Nightwish, Hammerfall, and Apocalyptica the 4 headliners?

Accept & Nightwish appear to be; no way Hammerfall and Apocalyptica are (their logos are just placed high on the image). Which basically means there's 1 headliner not announced yet.

Pretty cool mid-card lineup though, no?

As for how I got to Wacken, I flew from NJ -> London Heathrow -> Hamburg, Germany -> rental car -> drove to Itzehoe -> stayed in my nice hotel and sweated for 6 days (it was 95+ degrees Farenheit the entire time we were in Germany).

did it cost tons of $$? of course id estay in hostels+use public transportation and stuff cuz im a wanker teenager and thats what we do.
EDIT: THAT IS ON THE WAY TO GERMANY not at the festivle. Camping at festivle of COURSE for fucks sake...

hahaha not such a bad idea. I spent more then one night sleeping at bus stops when i went backpacking in europe, haha. I had a can of pringles to sustain me, and to protect me from drunken european hobos, ahhh! Good thing i was smelly from livin on da streeeetzzzz

Erik said:
Well me and Mike and everyone I know are sleeping in tents on the camping ground. It's the only way to really enjoy the festival

Are there many cheap women at the festival? Any funny stories featuring Mike and some butt ugly German girl(s)?

Erik said:
Well me and Mike and everyone I know are sleeping in tents on the camping ground. It's the only way to really enjoy the festival

OH OF FUCKING COURSE!! Hell yea tents at the festivle! I meant hostels on my WAY to germany if i ever have to spend the night somwhere.

FUCK of COURSE tents at the festivle, thatd be pretty lame if i didn't do THAT.

I remember this awesome quote.

Sorath said:
I never cease to be amazed by the wimpdom of you guys. BOHOOO I WONT GO TERES NO HOTLES!!11 I MSUT HAVE HUNYMOON SWEET WIHT RC CREW OR WE CANT SODMOZIE ONE ANOHTER!!!!!!1111 AND I HAW SHORT HAIR

gah i can't believe i was lumped in with fuckers like that! NEVER, i would NEVER EVER EVER go to wacken and NOT stay in a tent let the record state. gah that actually makes me mad that people would go to wacken and NOT camp.

markgugs said:
Accept & Nightwish appear to be; no way Hammerfall and Apocalyptica are (their logos are just placed high on the image). Which basically means there's 1 headliner not announced yet.

Is there only 1 headliner per night then? I thought there were double-headliners at Wacken for some reason.

Erik said:
HOSTELS? lol wimp TENT!

Silly boy. Hotel.
tickled.gif

KILL TULLY said:
gah i can't believe i was lumped in with fuckers like that! NEVER, i would NEVER EVER EVER go to wacken and NOT stay in a tent let the record state. gah that actually makes me mad that people would go to wacken and NOT camp.

Yeah, I can't imagine how anyone could possibly go to Wacken and NOT tent camp and STILL have fun. Losers.

your probobly being sarcastic, but really i feel kind of like that. I feel like thats part of the whole experience...but i dunno, maybe thats just me.

Tents are for pussies, sleep outdoors. That way you can stare at the stars all night smoking a cigarette as you pass out drunk and wake up the next day feeling like a man (read: homeless person).