Wakefield Show

Thormier

New Metal Member
Nov 21, 2008
Hey guys , Anyone want to meet with me and my mates for a few pints before the show

Got quite a few people coming with me ( Even some people i met at bloodstock )

So if you and your mates want to have a little metal get together before the show

Add me on Main_Target57@hotmail.com

Cant wait =)

Got quite a few people now =)

Wish i could also make the Birmingham date but i have to work that day >_<

Going to be awesome to finally see Powerquest

As posted on "http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/power-quest/449431-birmingham-tonight.html" the set list is pretty much the same. Encore was NeverWorld (Power Quest II) though. Was a great show, keep it up guys !

Speaking of set lists I have to take this moment to ooze with pride at my possession of a new MoI tshirt and personalised autographed PQ setlist ^_^ THANKS GUYS, seriously I'm very touched, see you next time!

My gf was at this gig, LOVED IT and gave me a running commentary over the phone throughout the night. Sounded like an amazing show, with all the enthusiasm and energy you'd expect from PQ. The venue was so small it was apparently just like standing on stage next to the lads, though I think the sound was effected because of the size. Also, where was Kiwi Steve? Apparently while in the queue she overheard two emo guys saying "I don't like power metal really or Iron Maiden" but she saw a guy with an Avantasia shirt and all was well :D

So what does Steve think of how the shows have gone so far?

That show was AWESOME , Spoke to a few of the guys and they said they really enjoyed it

Only bad thing is while headbanging at the front i kept getting pushed over from behind

Keep the good work up :headbang:

"I don't like power metal really or Iron Maiden"

Fair enough i see what you mean if someone said they dont like power metal, why are are they at a power metal gig... But saying that you dont like maiden shouldnt be a reason why you QQ, i dont like maiden that much because i think they sound pretty generic and whine all you want but id rather encourage open minds, you can still enjoy power metal just because you dont like maiden.

/cruisecontrol

Fair enough i see what you mean if someone said they dont like power metal, why are are they at a power metal gig... But saying that you dont like maiden shouldnt be a reason why you QQ, i dont like maiden that much because i think they sound pretty generic and whine all you want but id rather encourage open minds, you can still enjoy power metal just because you dont like maiden.

/cruisecontrol
*Disapproving look*

Power metal is very closely related to/inspired by heavy metal...Iron Maiden is heavy metal...I think that's the common link. A lot of power metal (and other metal genres) owe a lot to pioneering heavy metal bands like Maiden but of course you don't HAVE to like either. It's not odd for people to dislike either on their own but I think most people would find it odd for someone to be at a power metal gig and like neither power metal or a quintessential heavy metal band. It's a matter of personal taste though so, meh, like what you like.

Power metal is very closely related to/inspired by heavy metal...Iron Maiden is heavy metal...I think that's the common link. A lot of power metal (and other metal genres) owe a lot to pioneering heavy metal bands like Maiden but of course you don't HAVE to like either. It's not odd for people to dislike either on their own but I think most people would find it odd for someone to be at a power metal gig and like neither power metal or a quintessential heavy metal band. It's a matter of personal taste though so, meh, like what you like.

I dont not like the genre, or the style they play, its just boring and generic. If i listen to NWOBHM i listen to, for example Ample Destruction (Jag Panzer), Chris Broderick is more godlike than the mediocre guitarist from maiden anyway

aahh - but who came first ? I love heavy metal - I love the likes of Zep, Free, Maiden and AC/DC - (first saw AC/DC in 77 in London - one of their very very early gigs over here) But things move on ... doesn't mean you have to forgo your roots - watched Airbourne a few weeks ago - how much do they come from AC/DC ? I also saw the mighty Todd Rundgren in 2008 - going back to his Utopian "metal period" ... when I was at Uni and loved Todd and Steve Hillage - and Barclay James Harvest too ...

My "on the train" mp3player at the moment contains PowerQuest / DragonForce / Airbourne / Neil Diamond(new album) / Coheed&Cambria / Alkaline Trio - "eclectic mix" or what ??

Just love music - there's good in all - it works for me ...

So then, care to tell me the common link between POWER METAL and IRON MAIDEN? Im really interested in knowing why someone who might not like iron maiden is someone that doesnt like power metal?
I'm not saying there's a great link (despite the likes of Judas Priest & Iron Maiden being the main inspiration behind power metal). I just love Iron Maiden & am beyond understanding why others don't :lol:

I dont not like the genre, or the style they play, its just boring and generic. If i listen to NWOBHM i listen to, for example Ample Destruction (Jag Panzer), Chris Broderick is more godlike than the mediocre guitarist from maiden anyway

Boring & generic + Iron Maiden...
2+2 = 78.

Mediocre guitarist?
First: which one?
Second: Adrian Smith couldn't possibly be considered mediocre. Sure, Broderick's technically better, but I don't see him writing songs as good as Maiden ;)

l_d67c4ccd6be365f148638d18b2db7d3e.jpg

l_c6f66ec13a284eaf83fa3fc3ecb46025.jpg

Did anyone see me there ??

I remember talking to a lot of you =)

And guys don't turn this thread into a flame war , If you like bands more than others then thats fine , Its an opinion

So STUFU :p

I remember talking to a lot of you =)

And guys don't turn this thread into a flame war , If you like bands more than others then thats fine , Its an opinion

So STUFU :p

Yeah well the original opinion came across as "OMG YOU DONT LIKE MAIDEN THAT MEANS YOU DONT LIKE POWER METAL"..

And yeah, Jag Panzer were formed to be in the style of the NWOBHM, although they changed to a more power metally style in recent albums