Wakefield Show

Yeah well the original opinion came across as "OMG YOU DONT LIKE MAIDEN THAT MEANS YOU DONT LIKE POWER METAL"..

And yeah, Jag Panzer were formed to be in the style of the NWOBHM, although they changed to a more power metally style in recent albums

That didn't really come across in your post.. i was confused that you thought Jag Panzer were a NWOBHM band when they clearly aren't but now i understand what you were saying... thankyou for clarifying..

That didn't really come across in your post.. i was confused that you thought Jag Panzer were a NWOBHM band when they clearly aren't but now i understand what you were saying... thankyou for clarifying..
That wasn't it at all, but feel free to think that. No more on this.
That is what it seems like. Why would you add it in the same sentence (well not necessarily you, but the OP) if that wasnt the intention. People like different stuff and doesnt make you less belonging at a power metal gig, because you dont like a heavy metal band =)

But Jag Panzer were registered as a NWOBHM band on Metal Archives for quite a long time and has been changed recently, but taken from Wikipedia...
Colorado natives Jag Panzer first came together in late 1981, being inspired by the onslaught of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal that had taken the Heavy Metal world by storm in the early 80s
But id still argue that Ample Destruction is a cross between NOWBHM and just heavy metal.

/thread!

I think the give away re Jag Panzer are that they aren't British.. so CAN be influenced by the NWOBHM but can't be part of it for obvious reasons...

Fourth Judgement rocks..

By the way if you're interested in NWOBHM check out this book
http://heavymetal.about.com/od/bookreviews/fr/suziesmiled.htm

Written by my good friend John Tucker... and just to plug it further there's even an interview in there with me too :)

I think the give away re Jag Panzer are that they aren't British.. so CAN be influenced by the NWOBHM but can't be part of it for obvious reasons...

Fourth Judgement rocks..

By the way if you're interested in NWOBHM check out this book
http://heavymetal.about.com/od/bookreviews/fr/suziesmiled.htm

Written by my good friend John Tucker... and just to plug it further there's even an interview in there with me too :)

Yeah, didn't really mean that they were the "B", just in the vain of it :rofl:.
That book looks awesome, is there a version of the e-Book somewhere? :p