Walk the Line

Haven't seen it, but heard it is very good from a couple people that have. I probably won't see it at the theatre. I'll wait until the DVD comes out, like almost every other movie. We just don't make it to the show anymore. I couln't tell you the last movie we went and seen???

I definatly want to see that movie. Not just because I like that guy but also because it will give me some background to who he was.

Hadn't arrived yet, but with Phoenix on the main character worth to see it.

I just finished the autobiography "Cash" a great book, really tells his story. Last night on IFC I saw a short preview and found out that the director/producer wanted all the live music shots to be just that...all the performers, Cash, June, Jerry, Elvis all sang in their own voices. In the clip that I saw Joaquin really nailed the Cash! Can't wait to see this!

KMADD said:
Coool let us know. Im a huge fan of Johnny Cash and old (real) country
in general.

Faves of mine my mom and dad listened to:

Johnny Cash, George Jones, Charlie Rich, Merle Haggard, Charlie Pride, of course Hank. I've picked up a couple country compilations of the old stuff, some damn good music! Brings back good memories, amazing how you can still remember the words even though you haven't heard it in over 25 years!

"Daddy sang bass, momma sang tenor, me and little brother just joined right in there..." :D

You just named some of stuff I grew up on plus Johnny Paycheck, CW McCall,
Marty Robbins, Red Sovine, Jim Reeves and so on. Yeah I dont know how
ppl thinks that some dork that sings with Jimmy Buffet is country it bewilders
me!

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie! The movie was produced by his son and based upon two different biographies so I think it was fairly true to his life. Although I think there were some key pieces left out of the story such as I found it a little bit of a stretch that three guys (including Cash) sitting around playing a song or two can walk into a studio and make a hit record. The movies also spent alot of time focused on his drug addiction and in reality probably was a big part of his life.

The music was great and didn't just focus on his more well known songs. There were times I wasn't sure if it was the actors playing and singing or if it was the original songs... it was that good! I always find it interesting how concerts were so different in that era vs. now. As for the music itself, it comes across as a lot more rock'n'roll than country.

The folsom prison scene was a standout for me. It showed the honesty and attitude that Johnny Cash had!

Highly recommended!

Somebody should make a movie about Johnny Crash, the band!

Skin as smooth as a prom queen's thighs
Never gonna give it for free
She said fed my kitty with a twenty dollar bill
Then get your hands off me, sucker!
Another swig of whiskey and I had my fill
Me & the boyz, we got some time to kill
She's a teaze, a sleaze, a dinner delight
I got an animal's appetite!

kittybeast said:
Faves of mine my mom and dad listened to:

Johnny Cash, George Jones, Charlie Rich, Merle Haggard, Charlie Pride, of course Hank. I've picked up a couple country compilations of the old stuff, some damn good music! Brings back good memories, amazing how you can still remember the words even though you haven't heard it in over 25 years!

"Daddy sang bass, momma sang tenor, me and little brother just joined right in there..." :D

You just nailed my childhood. Dolly Parton, Oakridge Boys, Buck Owens, and Hee Haw every Saturday night! There was a lot of Gospel too, beins Ma and Pa are pretty religious and stuff.

I'm workin' on the Cash bio. Haven't gotten too far into it yet since we had the whole clan over for T-giving and there were preparations to be made. I'll git 'er done soon. :D

mmm, I don't get that Johnny Cash stuff, pretty boring to me... I think it's strange ALOT of regulars here like that stuff !!! Don't wanna argue with you guys and galls about music taste, but it just feels strange so much "metal" people like JC ....