Walking on Water

ironcross

Crossy
Apr 12, 2001
www.downunderclansmen.com
ok most of you probably have no idea what on hell im talking about but on Somewhere on Tour Maiden did a song called "Walking on Glass" which is a instrumental with adrian and dave swapping solo's. Its very cool.. and trippy. Does anybody have any idea if this is a song by someone else. I always thought it was something Maiden made up for the tour, however there is a Nightwish song called "Walking on the Air" which has the same melody.

Anybody? :confused:

Maybe its some kind of old folk melody or something, sounds like the kind of thing that nightwish might use, and maiden probably metalled it up a bit :) Though i could be wrong, as ive never heard either songs......

And it turns out that "Walking in the Air" is the theme song to a Christmas movie called "The Snowman", written by Howard Blake, and performed by Paul Rhodes and Keneth Smith, released in 1985.

From the looks of things, Nighwish's version is a cover, Dave and H's is probably just a "guitar wank" themed with the same tune.

Just have a look at some the Google links for more.

http://www.google.com/search?q="walking+in+the+air"&safe=off&start=0&sa=N

Was it:
Aerosmiths "WALK This Way"?
Or the Proclaimers "I would WALK 500 Miles"?
Or The Bangles "WALK like an Egyptian"?
Or Dire Straights "WALK of Life"?
Or Lou Reed "WALK on the wild side"?
Or Pantera "WALK"?
Or Henry Mancini "Baby Elephant WALK"?
Or The Tin Lids "WALK the Dinosaur"? (LOL)
Or Ozzy Osbourne "WALK on Water"?
Or ACDC "WALK all over You"?
Or Led Zeppelin "Walter's WALK"?
Or Queesryche "WALK in the shadows"?
Or Helloween "You always WALK alone"?
Or Dr Hook "WALK right in"?
Or The Drifters "Under the board WALK"?
Or Bad Company 'WALK through Fire"?
Or Joe South "WALK a Mile in my shoes"?
Or Weird Al Yankovich "Walk with an Erection"? (LOL)

??? Maybe Not

I have a sneaking suspision that this 'track' made an appearance somewhere on Adrian first solo thingy.

(Don't believe me, because I really have no idea)

Phloggy. Your definitly right about Nightwish being a cover of that christmas song. Ok, I have to check im right about the maiden bit.

Sydo, I think it was on The Hackney gig which was Nicko and Adrians secret gig after the World Slavery Tour. However it might be on one of adrians early solo albums? Its not on asap's silver and gold.

oh and Phloggy is right. It is "Walking on Glass". I had a mind blank there :cry: