Wanna make the trip (could use a little help)

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
As posted in the other thread, Gas prices are killin me both with work, and the fact that I wanna go down badly with a friend and its a 2300 mile round trip from GA to PP.

Ive decided that in order to make the trip to PP, I will have to split up with my friend and cancel our Hotel room.

He has found an alternative but I have not.

If anyone has a place I could sleep at please get a hold of me at the below email addy I'll post. I dont need much and a floor will do. I usually party most of the time, and do minimal sleep anyways. Just a few hours sleep and a shower would be fine with me. If anyone has spare room, or extra space for a few bucks please let me know.

Worst case scenario I get shit drunk and pass out on a lawn somewhere lol. All in the name of fucking \m/ :headbang:

John/DrumR

metaldrumz AT yahoo DOT com

DrumRman said:
As posted in the other thread, Gas prices are killin me both with work, and the fact that I wanna go down badly with a friend and its a 2300 mile round trip from GA to PP.

Ive decided that in order to make the trip to PP, I will have to split up with my friend and cancel our Hotel room.

He has found an alternative but I have not.

If anyone has a place I could sleep at please get a hold of me at the below email addy I'll post. I dont need much and a floor will do. I usually party most of the time, and do minimal sleep anyways. Just a few hours sleep and a shower would be fine with me. If anyone has spare room, or extra space for a few bucks please let me know.

Worst case scenario I get shit drunk and pass out on a lawn somewhere lol. All in the name of fucking \m/ :headbang:

John/DrumR

metaldrumz AT yahoo DOT com

How ya making out? Let me know if you have no crash space fri. and sat. We'll work on it. :headbang:

Prog-Power VII:

country_georgia_map.gif

:lol:

Haha, yeah my bad. I meant 2300 miles from NH to PP obviously. ;)

Still working on it. Nothings set in stone yet unfortunately.

Yeah guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with directions getting from the airport in Tsalka to Tblisi for the show. :lol:

No offense, man.. But how can gas prices affect you THAT much? I mean, I understand you are on a tight budget and everything, but it's not THAT much..

I don't know what type of car you drive.. but let's suppose it makes 25 miles a gallon (a lot of cars make a lot more than that)...

2300/25= 92 gallons
92X 2.30 (gas prices a few months ago)= $211.60... Divided by two people, 105.80 each...

92 x3 (gas prices now)= 276 dived by two: 138!

The difference is ony 33 bucks! Buy 2 less CDs! or buy groceries at the super market and make all your meals out of that instead of eating expensive food in the venue/around the venue.... I mean, there are many always of saving 33 bucks..

I believe he was talking about the cumulative effect of driving to work everyday in addition to the drive to GA. I forget how many miles but I think it was like 40 or 50 each way. Over a period of time, that would clearly eat into the vacation budget.

Angrafan said:
No offense, man.. But how can gas prices affect you THAT much? I mean, I understand you are on a tight budget and everything, but it's not THAT much..

I don't know what type of car you drive.. but let's suppose it makes 25 miles a gallon (a lot of cars make a lot more than that)...

2300/25= 92 gallons
92X 2.30 (gas prices a few months ago)= $211.60... Divided by two people, 105.80 each...

92 x3 (gas prices now)= 276 dived by two: 138!

The difference is ony 33 bucks! Buy 2 less CDs! or buy groceries at the super market and make all your meals out of that instead of eating expensive food in the venue/around the venue.... I mean, there are many always of saving 33 bucks..

Lets see, for starters just for work my commute daily is 90 MILES. At 3.29 a gallon that adds up. I spend, over 70.00 a week just to fill my tank. You dont see that as being hit financially? Also I live in NH not sure if you know the cost of living here, but the cost for a basic 2 bedroom apt is over 1200. Thankfully Im only paying 900.00/month but thats nothing included.

If you add in driving to the supermarket etc, Im even dumping in more money.....remember, 90 miles a week just for my commute. Factor in that with all the mileage my vehicle takes I need more tune ups, oil changes etc.

Sure the answer is , would be get a new job closer to home. Im not a retard, I have been looking, unfortunately the job market out here right now is slim pickings....mostly paying 9 bucks an hour, and I cant survive on that income.

I think it would be ignorance, to see things in black and white, instead of in color. You are not in my situation, so you really have no reason to judge what you do not know.

This isnt gonna make me homeless, its more of the fact that everything has happened to me at the worst time. Gas went up at the worst time. Driving 2300 miles to GA from NH, the commute, and the fact my car just needed major repairs, and exceeded 500 dollars with labor.

Anyways Im done, people can think what they want. Just like people think Gas price gouging is acceptable "Capitalism". If you think Exxon/Mobil making 33 billion dollars in a quarter in earnings is ok capitalism, than thats your right.

Oh and I drive a 6 cylinder 97 Chevy Monte Carlo.

I am just curious why anyone would want to drive from NH to GA anyways. I would think that airfare would be way cheaper and less stressfull? Who knows? Good luck John

Bear

I myself ride my motorcycle.. Still 15 bucks ffor 4 gallons here in Chicago.. My lil 91 blazer with a 6 cyl.. is a hog...Anyhoo I have floor space if ya need it.. : ) As always my trip is solo.. so I only have the tiny room at the Grenada.. But if ya don't mind the floor, it's all yours dude. I'll be in Thursday around 2 pm.. : )

DrumRman said:
Lets see, for starters just for work my commute daily is 90 MILES. At 3.29 a gallon that adds up. I spend, over 70.00 a week just to fill my tank. You dont see that as being hit financially? Also I live in NH not sure if you know the cost of living here, but the cost for a basic 2 bedroom apt is over 1200. Thankfully Im only paying 900.00/month but thats nothing included.

If you add in driving to the supermarket etc, Im even dumping in more money.....remember, 90 miles a week just for my commute. Factor in that with all the mileage my vehicle takes I need more tune ups, oil changes etc.

Sure the answer is , would be get a new job closer to home. Im not a retard, I have been looking, unfortunately the job market out here right now is slim pickings....mostly paying 9 bucks an hour, and I cant survive on that income.

I think it would be ignorance, to see things in black and white, instead of in color. You are not in my situation, so you really have no reason to judge what you do not know.

This isnt gonna make me homeless, its more of the fact that everything has happened to me at the worst time. Gas went up at the worst time. Driving 2300 miles to GA from NH, the commute, and the fact my car just needed major repairs, and exceeded 500 dollars with labor.

Anyways Im done, people can think what they want. Just like people think Gas price gouging is acceptable "Capitalism". If you think Exxon/Mobil making 33 billion dollars in a quarter in earnings is ok capitalism, than thats your right.

Oh and I drive a 6 cylinder 97 Chevy Monte Carlo.

here's the concept: you can't afford a vacation. if money is that tight then maybe your time would be better spent working rather than being at PP and spending money. you've got a little over a year until PPVII, which is plenty of time to put some cash away for it and prepare financially. i do understand that unforeseen automobile costs suck, but PP is just something that i plan for in advance for the entire year. anyone who has attended previous PP shows know what kind of incidental costs are involved, as well as expected costs, i.e. booze, merch., hotel, food, gas, etc... start saving for next year!!!

rockyracoon said:
here's the concept: you can't afford a vacation. if money is that tight then maybe your time would be better spent working rather than being at PP and spending money. you've got a little over a year until PPVII, which is plenty of time to put some cash away for it and prepare financially. i do understand that unforeseen automobile costs suck, but PP is just something that i plan for in advance for the entire year. anyone who has attended previous PP shows know what kind of incidental costs are involved, as well as expected costs, i.e. booze, merch., hotel, food, gas, etc... start saving for next year!!!

I will have *some* money to spend, I mean Im not traveling there to stare at the vendors booth. My big thing was we had a nice big room booked at the Granada, and that had to be canceled, because it was way too much $$$ for 3 nights. Just some dumb luck timing happened this year.

I am just looking to cut a little expense, by finding a cheap way of sleep/shower. Thats all. If someone can help me great, if not I'll figure something out no biggie. :)

I'd help ya out, but I think my hotel room is kinda full. :(

(I have a bad habit of telling everyone I know they can stay. Come to think of it, this explains why one couldn't see the carpeting in my room at Dragon*Con this past weekend either, as it was obscured by sleeping bags. :))

Well, you could fly on Independence (flyi.com) out of Manchester, NH to ATL (with a layover in DC) for $208 (+ taxes/fees) if you came in on Thurs and went out on Mon....

Evil said:
not really what he's askin... he and i are drivin together... he didn't ask for help with flights or other travel advice...

I know, I just posted it since it was still cheap and with gas prices being high it may have been cheaper than driving. I spoze if you're splitting gas then its probably not then. Can't help with a hotel room any, I'm staying with family.