Wanna make the trip (could use a little help)

Locust0311 said:
I know, I just posted it since it was still cheap and with gas prices being high it may have been cheaper than driving. I spoze if you're splitting gas then its probably not then. Can't help with a hotel room any, I'm staying with family.

then why bother posting at all?

Harvester said:
Hey Evil,

Jim was just trying to be helpful. How about you quit being an ass about things.

Glenn H.

I dont really think he was trying to be an "ass" about it (Yes I agree Jim was just trying to be helpful :) ). I think hes just looking out for a friend. I gotta admit, it does get aggravating when I just ask if anyone has a spare couch or floor, and I gotta be told about flights, and that I should have done this, and should have done that (I realize that people are just trying to helpful so I am appreciative, but after a few times, it does get a little annoying).

Hope you see both sides here, and thank you again for another year filled with great music, and atmosphere.

Lets forget all this please, and get ready for a wonderful time, with some wonderful musicians. :headbang:

DrumRman said:
Lets see, for starters just for work my commute daily is 90 MILES. At 3.29 a gallon that adds up. I spend, over 70.00 a week just to fill my tank. You dont see that as being hit financially? Also I live in NH not sure if you know the cost of living here, but the cost for a basic 2 bedroom apt is over 1200. Thankfully Im only paying 900.00/month but thats nothing included.

If you add in driving to the supermarket etc, Im even dumping in more money.....remember, 90 miles a week just for my commute. Factor in that with all the mileage my vehicle takes I need more tune ups, oil changes etc.

Sure the answer is , would be get a new job closer to home. Im not a retard, I have been looking, unfortunately the job market out here right now is slim pickings....mostly paying 9 bucks an hour, and I cant survive on that income.

I think it would be ignorance, to see things in black and white, instead of in color. You are not in my situation, so you really have no reason to judge what you do not know.

This isnt gonna make me homeless, its more of the fact that everything has happened to me at the worst time. Gas went up at the worst time. Driving 2300 miles to GA from NH, the commute, and the fact my car just needed major repairs, and exceeded 500 dollars with labor.

Anyways Im done, people can think what they want. Just like people think Gas price gouging is acceptable "Capitalism". If you think Exxon/Mobil making 33 billion dollars in a quarter in earnings is ok capitalism, than thats your right.

Oh and I drive a 6 cylinder 97 Chevy Monte Carlo.

Again, I didn't mean to be rude! I've been in a similar situation before prog power 2...
I know how bills can get out of control and stuff.. But to me it seems that is a bit unfair to blame it on gas.. As you said yourself, your costs of living are really high, you recently had car problems, etc.. That's a more justifiable reason to be out of money for prog power...

And I am not defending the absurd price of gas! Trust me, it probably affects me more than anybody in this forum....

booB said:
holy shit... what did you do, leave it in "drive" overnight? :lol:

LOL!

That's what 300+ miles a day does to your car! LOL I bought it in the end of 03.. It's almost 2 years old.. 60+ thousand miles a year... :)
But i take good care of it.. I do an Oil change every two weeks, etc.. LOL

Angrafan said:
LOL!

That's what 300+ miles a day does to your car! LOL I bought it in the end of 03.. It's almost 2 years old.. 60+ thousand miles a year... :)
But i take good care of it.. I do an Oil change every two weeks, etc.. LOL

Holy crap! 300+ miles a day? That stinkies! My car has just a little over 100 thousand miles on it and I thought that was a lot for a '99!!! Which, I guess it is. It's just not as much as you :D I sure hope you're getting a deal on those oil changes.

That's what 300+ miles a day does to your car!

Holy shit, Lucas... what are you doing, commuting to Brazil for work???

My car has just a little over 100 thousand miles on it and I thought that was a lot for a '99!!! Which, I guess it is.

LOL... my '98 Metro that I just got rid of had 135K... when I bought it in 2000, it had about 53k...

booB said:
That's what 300+ miles a day does to your car!

Holy shit, Lucas... what are you doing, commuting to Brazil for work???

My car has just a little over 100 thousand miles on it and I thought that was a lot for a '99!!! Which, I guess it is.

LOL... my '98 Metro that I just got rid of had 135K... when I bought it in 2000, it had about 53k...

I don't really commute! LOL I work on the road, doing medical deliveries! LOL I cover an area that is fairly big.. Miami dade,Broward and Palm Beach counties.. With eventual long distance trips (on those days I drive 600 miles! LOL)...
It's worth it though.. I don't know any college students who makes as much money as I do.. And I have an extremely flexible schedulle as I get paid per delivery! So it's just perfect for a student like me... :)

Bear said:
I am just curious why anyone would want to drive from NH to GA anyways. I would think that airfare would be way cheaper and less stressfull? Who knows? Good luck John

Bear

Bear:

3 of us are driving to Atlanta from St. Paul, MN: 2226 miles.

His car gets about 20 miles to the gallon:

2226/20=113 gallons of gas needed

Gas at 2.90 X 113= $327.70 divide that by 3= $109.23 per person.

Last flight I took to Atlanta was $250 RT. So it's actually a cheaper for us to drive.

-Metal

I'm sorta stuck without anyone to share the trip with, so I decided to try out greyhound this year... I hear it's going to suck, but it's 100 rt. Also, if you need a room, I'd be happy to share mine... I'm pretty much alone atm. If you want to pitch in a little, feel free, even if you do it at a later date when you're a little less strapped for money, that's cool. Just give me a holler if your interested, and it's not too late.

oh, oftheborgatgmaildotcom