War music

Erachten

New Metal Member
Nov 13, 2009
I don't need neccesarily just bands, but even just individual songs. I'm looking for songs about war, fighting, ect. that aren't just hidden political complaints. Songs about kicking ass and winning. Songs about some of the positives of war (like glory and honor). As a minor side note, if they do have some political message but its easily blocked out, like some of Five Finger Death Punch then thats fine.

Some i have to start out with are...

Panzer Battalion - Sabaton
No One Gets Left Behind - FFDP
Death Before Dishonor - FFDP
Indestructable - Disturbed
Going Down - Sick Puppies

Plus, bonus points if it's a german band

Nile has a whole bunch of war songs.

Panzer Division Marduk by Marduk also has a bunch of war songs on it

Bolt Thrower is seconded!

Where Ironcrosses Grow is more about losing horribly in war I guess, but still a great war song.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going for the whole viking thing at least recommend Bathory instead of shit like Amon Amarth

Amon Amarth are not my favorite band but no, you kids dont get to call them shitty. Johan will snap you little asses in half.

Amon Amarth are just a melodic death band and not a viking band where Bathory viking stuff is viking metal and the first band to do it.

They both have viking lyrics appropriate for this thread, so the genre difference is irrelevant. The only relevant point is that Amon Amarth is a dreadful band.

Last edited by a moderator: