War music

Some great recs itt, but I stand by the fact that Manowar is the NSYNC of heavy metal. In other words, gay. One or two hetero songs doesn't make up for over the top homosexuality on a regular basis.

:kickass: oh yes, check out their new one Milorg

also the band V:28 have nice BM war themed music (pretty sure they just broke up)

Do check out Milorg...its an awesome album, I have had it for a while and am still listening. Its about a group called MILORG and their opposition to the Germans in Norway during WWII, you cant get much more warlike than this.

:kickass:

For some really awesome war-themed black metal check out Bornholm. Their recent release, March For Glory and Revenge, is absolutely epic and crushing.

Here's one track from the album, "The Call of Heathen Horns:"

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great recs itt, but I stand by the fact that Manowar is the NSYNC of heavy metal. In other words, gay. One or two hetero songs doesn't make up for over the top homosexuality on a regular basis.

Exactly what is "gay" about their music? I'm genuinely curious. Or are you a member or Grand Wizard of the It's Cool to Call Manowar Gay Club?

Oh, and please never listen to Viking metal Bathory, since Quorthon admittedly got much of his inspiration for those albums from Manowar. Wait, are you calling Quorthon gay now? Quorthon even ripped off the loincloth photo shoot, so STAY AWAY FROM BATHORY! GAY!

I don't need neccesarily just bands, but even just individual songs. I'm looking for songs about war, fighting, ect. that aren't just hidden political complaints.

(roughly sorted from most to least fitting your criteria)
Sabaton - Wolfpack
Thronar - Grimnor Valora
Týr - The Edge
Falconer - Under the Sword
Ensiferum - Dragonheads
HammerFall - The Unforgiving Blade
Excelsis - The Warrior
HammerFall - Any Means Necessary
Thyrfing - The Voyager
Hypocrisy - Craving For Another Killing
Furthest Shore - The Battle on Haukfnead

you probably only want shit in English, but this one is too epic not to mention:
Sokyra Peruna - Chect ta Krov

If you don't like Manowar, just leave the hall and pose.

And yes, Graveland pretty much is the epitome of War Music.

Týr - The Edge

GREAT CALL!:kickass::kickass::kickass:
The Edge is one of my alltime favorite tunes ever!
The essence of an epic battle song. A reflection from within... the guilt, the purpose, the memory of a warrior! Had to post this vid. Especially love both the lyrics and music @ 2:53-4:14 [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZX_7lrtnRU&feature=related[/ame]