War of the Gods - Thoughts?

WarriorofOdin

New Metal Member
Dec 15, 2010
As most of you probably know War of the Gods, a single from Surtur Rising has just been release; here are my thoughts.

Don't get me wrong, I love Amon Amarth (no homo) and that song meets their usual standards, very catchy, melodic, and sort of...brutal at the same time. In fact in a way I find it different in a good way although I'd rather it be a one-off or two-off sound in Surtur Rising.

But if that is a true representation of Surtur Rising it sounds as if it isn't as brutal as usual, although more melodic it might be ToTTG all over again but slightly altered, personally my favourite album is 'With Oden on our Side' but hey, I'm still going to be enjoying the album no matter what :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: Hell, I'm even going to pre-order one of the bundles :headbang:

EDIT: Screw it, after listening to it for a while it has really grown on me, but I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Can't...stop...raping the replay button!

I haven't listened to it that often yet, but I can say that it's just as "Amon Amarth" as any of their other songs. It's a bit too by the book AA for me. I'm sure I could point out at least a few other songs by them that have the exact song progression and structure. It's good, and I like it, but it just isn't much of a departure for them (not that any of their albums stray from what AA always was). But I'd love for them to return to the Once Sent..sound. Lengthy songs, with amazing, emotional stories for lyrics.