War of the Worlds!

Just saw it tonight.. ahhhh it was so awesome! Tom and Dakota did a great job. I didn't think it would be that good because alien movies aren't my thing. but yeah..

Really? I still won't watch it becasue I assume Spielbeg can't ever make a good movie anymore (if ever.)

it was alright, definitely entertaining. the plot definitely felt like it left out a lot of stuff, and could have been another 30 minutes longer. plus I HATE dakota, she is nothing but annoying in this movie, and I basically hate her in any movie. Theres just something about her.

Good drama for a TV movie, not quite upto par for a blockbuster. The story is almost a total rewrite from the original 50's film and I'm sure its way different from the book too. I hope someone makes a real new version of War of the Worlds someday as this one simply should not have been called War of the Worlds. I too was not impressed by Dakota or at least not to the point of calling her great, she simply was playing the part of someone her age which shouldn't be hard for someone who has done as many films as herself. At least it got me to pull out my VHS War of the Worlds video, which someone is now borrowing who wants to see the real story.

i thought it was alright, but far from the hype it was greeted with. its an average good movie, not a #1 summer blockbuster. given the choice between this and batman, i'd easily choose the latter as 10x better done.

I liked it.

It has Spielberg's style of terror, suspense, and intense direction (i'm a sucker for hand-held shots).

Other than the somewhat lackluster ending, I enjoyed this movie. Well worth my $5.

Overall i whould give it a 8 very dramtic very entertaining as most say although there was some things about the story line i did not like..However i will not spoil the movie but ill just say its about how the aliens got 2 earth and the ending..and no its not because i didnt understand it i just think he could have done better.However i thought the acting was great even tom cruise Despite his stunts in the media today... anyways i think u all should see it its worth it.My fav part was when tom cruise was telling his son he didnt have 2 go and when people got owned by the aliens and turned 2 dust but thats nuff spoliers incase sum newb comes in..

thanks.
100_0593.jpg