Lady in the Water

Scourge of Malice said:
Great movie. Don't go in expecting a horror flick, although it has its tense parts. Its a total fantasy movie, with an interesting and unique story, and I thought it was highly entertaining. Anyone else seen it?

I read a number of absolutely scathing reviews, and a good friend of mine told me it was one the worst movies he's ever paid 10 bucks for.

To tell you the truth, I only like Signs and The Sixth Sense, and I thought Signs had a terrible ending. I like his style though. He's got talent as a director, just not so much as a writer.

Scourge of Malice said:
Great movie. Don't go in expecting a horror flick, although it has its tense parts. Its a total fantasy movie, with an interesting and unique story, and I thought it was highly entertaining. Anyone else seen it?

So its entertaining? Because i coudl care less about horror and such, i jsut want a movie to entertain me.

It was a great movie. I jumped a few time because it was filled some of the " loud fright scenes' or something. the actor who played Cleveland was great, and the movie was funny at times also.

The critics haven't been giving it that great of reviews, but the thing I find funny is many of them have said its too unbelievable... then why they hell did Lord of the Rings win so many awards? I think most people are going in expecting a movie that its not, and if I hadn't heard it wasn't much of a scary movie I probably would have been dissapointed too. I'd say atleast download a bootleg or something, I really think its worth seeing and very entertaining. I also loved the village, which basically all my friends hated.

And Paul Giamatti was excellent, he's such a good actor.

Scourge of Malice said:
The critics haven't been giving it that great of reviews, but the thing I find funny is many of them have said its too unbelievable... then why they hell did Lord of the Rings win so many awards? I think most people are going in expecting a movie that its not, and if I hadn't heard it wasn't much of a scary movie I probably would have been dissapointed too. I'd say atleast download a bootleg or something, I really think its worth seeing and very entertaining. I also loved the village, which basically all my friends hated.

And Paul Giamatti was excellent, he's such a good actor.

I concur with nearly everything you said. All my idiot friends didnt even understand Village, so I didnt even go with them to LINW. My favorite shymalyn movie is Signs, depsite it's bad ending.

Montu Sekhmet said:
I concur with nearly everything you said. All my idiot friends didnt even understand Village, so I didnt even go with them to LINW. My favorite shymalyn movie is Signs, depsite it's bad ending.

If your friends didnt understand the VIllage, then I seriously think it is time to find some new ones with IQs over 80.

Haha when I saw the Village one of my friends didn't even know what happened at the end. He dozed off or something, and when one of us were discussing it he was like (***********SPOILLERRRRR*********) "what? there weren't any monsters?"