Cool Horror Films

Riotus

Riotusly Extreme!
Jul 9, 2001
North Wales
www.expage.com
We all know Metal and Horror go hand in hand, so i just wanted to know if any one else has seen the Japanese horror flick "Ring"?

If not go out and rent or buy it! Its so tense, and for a change the plot is great!

I was watching the ring at 'bout midnight, and phone rang, scared the shit outta me. (this only makes sense if you've seen the film).
I picked it up and said 'if your phoning to tell me I'm dead in seven days you can fuck off' - it was only the girlfriend though.....

Cool story MindMorgue!! Bet the girlfriend was happy! LOL!

In total there is 4 "Ring's". Ring 1 & 2, Ring 0 (prologe just about the ghost), and a Japanese only TV movie. I keep trying Tartan Terrors web site but, it doesnt seem to be up at the moment. But im gonna try Splatterhouse.net, coz there really good for info like that. I'll keep you posted!

I've so far resisted the urge to buy a DVD player, simply because I know it'll cost me a small fortune replacing my VHS favorites.

Ring 2's being shown in Guildford in early August as part of some film festival. I'm trying to get tickets now.

Lee

Have you ever been to Cult Video in Amsterdam? It's a great shop, but also totally depressing since they've got boxed, original copies of every film you could possibly want, but it'd cost thousands to buy 'em all...

I did get uncut Cannibal Holocaust and Henry vids though :)

I stopped trading videos back in the early 90's, so I missed the Men Behind The Sun sequels. Are they worth getting? The first film's probably the most disturbing I've ever seen.

Lee B

Never been there i'm afraid. Sounds cool tho'. Gonna try and go to Amsterdam next summer with mates (you know why!!), so may check it out then. Normally get my import (horror) dvd's from a company in Gibralter (avoids customs easier!).

Oh, and so you know - got Ring 2 on Sat (4th), and it's great. Still got the same evil tension in it, but they've left the video tape curse alone and gone for why the tape curses'. Well worth tracking down - just hoping they release Ring 0:Birthday now, and my life will be complete!