What is it about Japan?

I had my original Panasonic regular old region 1 player I bought however many years back. Then I bought a Daewoo region free player, but it didn't correctly translate a PAL signal. So I then bought another Daewoo region free player that was supposed to convert PAL properly... and it didn't. I tried to return it but the turd place I bought it from online wouldn't respond to my emails. So THEN I bought a Sampo region free player that finally correctly coverts a PAL signal.

I have one tv.

So at one point I had four functioning dvd players, I gave the original Daewoo region free player I bought to my brother. I now have the Panasnonic and the Sampo hooked up to the tv, and a Daewoo sitting on the floor collecting dust.

No point in this really, other than my idiotic search for a proper dvd player and all the money I spent doing it...

bloodfiredeath said:
I had my original Panasonic regular old region 1 player I bought however many years back. Then I bought a Daewoo region free player, but it didn't correctly translate a PAL signal. So I then bought another Daewoo region free player that was supposed to convert PAL properly... and it didn't...
What happened if you tried to play a PAL DVD on the Daewoo? What was the 'error' you got?

I've found Panasonic to be the best brand. I went through countless cordless phones throughout the years, average lifespan probably 10 months each, and I've had the same $30 Panasonic one for about 4 years now, no problems whatsoever.

Also my Panasonic CD player with anti-skip worked like a charm in my old truck, even offroading at angles that would make most people shit their pants and it never skipped once. That one is currently collecting dust in my closet, since my current wheeler doesn't even run and doesn't really need a stereo just yet. :)

Battle Royale - every American needs to see this NOW. It's a complete parody on reality TV which is just plaguing the US - which is getting pathetic at this point. The way George Romero spoofed dumbass mall shoppers in Dawn of the Dead, Battle Royale is just fucking br00tal in its take on reality/survivor like contests.

its more like a parody of "As the World Turns"