In the spirit of the on coming Halloween holiday . . .

I hated the American remakes of Ringu and Ju-On (along with nearly every other horror remake, sans Dawn of the Dead, which I thought was great).

Ringu wasn't the greatest horror movie but it was pretty good. I enjoyed Marebito very much. Jap horror started off strong but quickly declined when every single movie that soon came out afterwards were basically the same thing. Oh! The Eye was a fucking awesome movie though.

and believe it or not... blair witch project...
There is something about movies that do not show you anything and leave ea lot for your imagination that freaks me out.
I have a very wild imagination.

I loved this movie and have the dvd. I don't know why it got slagged so much, it was actually one of the better horror movies to have come out in some time. The entire marketing and promotion of the movie was nothing short of brilliant.

I always hear people saying they most enjoyed the version they saw first. I, however, usually find that I like the American versions more than the Japanese.

I'd give the scariest movie a tie between The Ring (American version) and The Exorcist. But I enjoy zombie movies the most of the genre.

I watched Hostel the other night. Really liked it, it was quite a well done flick. Didn't gross me out as much as I expected, except the eye bit.

Anyhow:

6305137307.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

0790736942.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

poster.gif

Some of my favorites.

30 Days of Night was absolute shit. This vampiric disaster piece had zero character development. Sure it's a horror movie, but atleast try to create an attachment with the characters involved. The events of the film are supposed to transpire in a span of thirty days, when really it feels like one long drawn out night. There's about as much suspense in this film as their is in Neurotica's brassiere. And that's not much, considering they look rather ripe. :heh:

Zero suspense, no action, weak slicing & dicing, a vampire that resembles Bob Sagat in corpse paint.

I give this film 2 bloody thumbs way down.

Up Next Saw 4

Edit - Saw IV was decent enough. The conclusion of the film was rather confusing. (The beginning chronologically takes place after the ending.) The 4th edition finally reveals the motive behind Jigsaw's serial killing carnage. They decided once again to leave it open ended for a further sequel. :err:

1 bloody thumb up.

I didn't care much for Silent Hill myself. My Halloween plans thus far...

Catch some breakfast at the local diner, then go play Guitar Heroes III for an hour or so at my co-worker's pad.