Horror Movies

What really pisses me off in todays horror movies everything is CGI. Before they used to make puppets which where horrifying like in "The Thing". It would be awesome if someone went back to doing puppet stuff. The dont do it anymore because CGI is a lot cheaper but just imagine what they would be able to do with puppets nowadays.

I know...

Like those Slenderman videos I posted, I HIGHLY doubt those are CGI, which made it seem a little more realistic.

Soooooo...... I take it I'm the only who hates horror movies?

I'm always alone in my opinions :erk:

We dont judge you keenan. If you dont like horror films, its ok. But even if you dont like them there ARE some timeless classics.

I just think horror movies are dumb. *shrug* Thats just my opinion. Horror GAMES however...... yes please. :lol:

Why do I think horror movies are dumb?

Sshhh.... its quiet........................ *BANG* ZOMG! AAAAAHHH. Moments like this are just stupid. They really don't add anything to the story at all, they're just there to be there..... Shows like Ghost Hunters (or Most Haunted) interest me though. Not really "Horror" but still scary...... sometimes......

But youve never watched movies like "The Thing" where its not all about *silence* then *Bam!*. Its more about atmosphere. You should really watch Alien, The thing, Halloween, fuckin Nightmare on Elm Street.

A couple off the top of my head.

Evil Dead trilogy *
Pumpkinhead
Hellraiser 1&2
The Fly *
Exorcist *
Halloween 1&2
From dusk till dawn *

* I wouldn't class any of those are "horrors" or even to have any remotely jumpy / scary bits, I fucking hate The Exorcist, it's pathetic. The Fly...that's just...The Fly. However, From Dusk Til Dawn I adore, but it's not a horror. No no no.

How is the Exorcist not a horror movie? That's a ridiculous thing to say! :lol:

It's an awesome film, I haven't seen it since I was younger but I have good memories of it. People use to come round to mine just to watch it haha. It's far from "pathetic" either, it's on IMDB's top 250. :rolleyes:

Anyway I can't stress this film enough...

The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-movie-poster1.jpg

Maybe more sci-fi now than horror, but back when it was released it WAS scary. It's an absolute classic. Anyone who hasn't seen it, see it!

How is the Exorcist not a horror movie? That's a ridiculous thing to say! :lol:

It's an awesome film, I haven't seen it since I was younger but I have good memories of it. People use to come round to mine just to watch it haha. It's far from "pathetic" either, it's on IMDB's top 250. :rolleyes:

Anyway I can't stress this film enough...

The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

It's called personal opinion. Okay, edit that then, I don't believe it is a good horror movie.

This is the only film I've ever watched that a part has made me actually have a bad physical reaction, i.e. made me feel ill.

I'm sure I've seen it before and not had a reaction at all, but the last time I watched it the bit at the end when it crawls out, fused with the machine just made my stomach turn to the point I just about blacked out. It was wierd.

But youve never watched movies like "The Thing" where its not all about *silence* then *Bam!*. Its more about atmosphere. You should really watch Alien, The thing, Halloween, fuckin Nightmare on Elm Street.

Watch the original Halloween Keenan.

It really isn't a JUMPY horror, you know that Michael Myers is following people because you could see his pale, black eyed mask in the background.

I like Ghost Hunters too. :)

This is the only film I've ever watched that a part has made me actually have a bad physical reaction, i.e. made me feel ill.

I'm sure I've seen it before and not had a reaction at all, but the last time I watched it the bit at the end when it crawls out, fused with the machine just made my stomach turn to the point I just about blacked out. It was wierd.

Indeed the film was gross and unsettling, classic though.

[REC] is indeed awesome. The dark room part at the end is gold!
But what's the difference between a horror movie and a thriller? Is a horror movie more bloody / vulgar and therefore scares the audience and does a thriller use suspense and stuff to scare the audience?

Horror

Thriller

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's debatable if it's a true horror movie; The Mist... The ending was horrifying, had me going "Oh my gawwwwwd" I didn't know it was coming either, pretty shocking.

The Mist was great, although it doesn't end that way in the story, just to let you know.

I just saw H2 and it just don't have that creepy vibe of the first 2 Halloweens by Carpenter.