What type of movies do you like?

Movies, in general, kick much ass. Even if a movie is terrible, bitching about said movie can be a real bonding experience with whoever is watching it too.

derek said:
Movies, in general, kick much ass. Even if a movie is terrible, bitching about said movie can be a real bonding experience with whoever is watching it too.

So true! It can also cause fights, though, if one person likes it and two don't. I know this from experience.

i like a lot of movies... most horror movies recently have sucked... then again... horror movies never seem to be that good, at least in my opinion...
not really sure if its considered horror, but the Silent Hill movie was fucking creepy as hell

i like lots of comedies, and lots of action movies. i pretty much go see whatever i think looks good. i'm very easy going when it comes to seeing a movie.

dreaming neon darkspot said:
what in the fuck was going on in that movie, anyway?

oh yeah, and Memento is godlike.

you should see Christopher Nolan's first film, Following. It was the film that loosely inspired Memento. It's directed in the cut up style, but it's easier to follow. In my opinion, Following is a much better, much darker movie.

I tend to favor movies that could be described as heavy, dark, stylized, clever, and/or offbeat.

I don't like silly action movies with fast cars and big explosions. I want my action movies simple and to the point. This is not the genre to try and pull off complex and subtle plots (i.e. Pitch Black was great, the sequel was fucking trash).

I don't care if the movie has 100 million dollars worth of special effects. There had better be some plot to back that up. I'm a sucker for a fantastic visual, but that and fifty cents worth of plot will get you Silent Hill.

I don't like stupid slapstick comedies catering to the beer 'n tits crowd. I want my comedies offbeat if not outright strange. John Cusack is a plus. The likes of Will Ferrell, Jim Carrey, and Jack Black are almost automatic disqualifications.

Some of my favorite dramas are those I never want to see again except to show to someone else. These movies are emotionally powerful and thought provoking, but not fun to watch in the usual sense. Too many modern "dramas" are, in fact, about nothing at all. Dramatic tension is key.

With horror movies I am looking for a specific feeling of being... unsettled somewhere inside. Movies that are all about things jumping out of the screen are fun from time to time, but I am always trying to recapture the feeling I got as a young man reading my father's Lovecraft novels, of something vast and malevolent moving just under the surface of things, that we can never understand fully but only understand how powerless and insignificant we are. Horror that focuses on claustrophobic or paranoid feelings works for me as well. John Carpenter has done a number of good films around these themes.

I just watched "Rushmore"

It was pretty good, not as good as Royal Tenenbaums or Life Aquatic, but pretty good........ The visual presentation I thought was not up to par with his other films.

at least now I've seen all of Wes Anderson's films

and goddamn Bill Murray is awesome

Here's my list off the top of my dome

Boondock Saints
Green Mile
Interview w/ the Vampire
Dracula
Singles
Any Texas Chainsaw Massacre
All the classics, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elmstreet, EVIL DEAD, Night of the Living Dead
Serpent and the Rainbow
Shaun of the Dead
Bubba Ho-Tep (anything with Bruce Campbell for that matter)
Forrest Gump
Scarlet Letter (Mostly anything ith Gary Oldman)
Prophecy(mostly anything with Christopher Walken)

there's many more, maybe I'll add more later