What type of movies do you like?

I'm into all sorts of movies, but some movies that really have stood the test of time with me and have had some sort of emotional impact are:

Life as a House - Many people complain about hayden christensen's performance but I feel it captured that teen angst and kevin kline was awesome. One of the first movies that really made me choke up.

The Shawshank Redemption - Stellar cast, great performances (especially love Clancy Brown), and a very powerful movie.

Antwone Fisher - I'm a sucker for Denzel, what can I say? This is a movie that I actually shift uncomfortably to seeing the shit that happens to Antwone.

Remember the Titans - Not the best acted movie, but the impact the team had on the town moved me.

Those are 4 movies that I could watch over and over again.

Now, the following movies are movies that either got me into a genre or I just don't mind seeing a lot for a good time.

Friday the 13th 4: The Final Chapter - The movie that got me into gore.

Nightmare On Elm Street - the first movie that really terrified me and gave me nightmares

Night of the Living Dead 90 - got me into zombie movies

Return of the living dead - I love this movie, what else can I say?

Pee Wee's Big Adventure - an adult acting like a child plus Tim Burton, yes.

LOTR Trilogy - I liked em, bite me.

That's pretty much my list, so yeah.

movies I really liked:

Sin City
LOTR trilogy
Bon Cop, Bad Cop
V for Vendetta.
(that's all I can think for now, I haven't been to the movie theaters a lot this summer)
It usually goes from comedy to action movies. Horror movies nowadays are predictable, boring, and not scary at all. Romantic movies aren't really my thing, but meh, sometimes you gotta do what the girlfriend wants! Science fiction movies can be good as long as they are not too cheesy and over the top.

Pyrus said:
Dialogue, dialogue, dialogue. Gotta have good dialogue. And I'm a sucker for movies that explore character parallels, Heat and Unforgiven (which is my favorite movie ever) being primary examples.

I also like random violence.

Thats pretty much what I would say... I endorse that post 100%.

Here are 5 great films (no comedies):

Excalibur
The Shining
North By Northwest
The Thing
Let's Scare Jessica to Death...just recently released on DVD, finally!

Chromatose said:
I just watched "Rushmore"

It was pretty good, not as good as Royal Tenenbaums or Life Aquatic, but pretty good........ The visual presentation I thought was not up to par with his other films.

at least now I've seen all of Wes Anderson's films

and goddamn Bill Murray is awesome

RT sucked, baby. :(

And I currently stand by the axiom: movies suck. I am hopeful this may change one day!

I was honestly hoping that the sheer idea and possibility existing therein would bear the full force of the hilarity.

movies with random violence is cool...... oh yeah, I watched Silent Hill, not bad, though people who never played the game got a bit confused.

i cant get into those games... not my thing... im more of a resident evil fan