What type of movies do you like?

AsModEe said:
movies with random violence is cool...... oh yeah, I watched Silent Hill, not bad, though people who never played the game got a bit confused.

The movie kind of takes it's own plot in a way. It follows the storyline of the game but the writer/director changed things up a bit. I liked the fact that there were things implemented that Silent Hill fans would recognize. Like when Sheryl and her mom were driving to Silent Hill in the movie, the song on the radio is the same song that was playing when Heather and Douglas were driving to Silent Hill in Silent Hill 3.

But, it's not neccessarily the case of understanding because all three games are alike, but different. Each character is different but they're some how linked. Sheryl in the movie is actually a counterpart of Alessa Gillespie who is Dahlia's daughter. But, in the game, Alessa exists and so does Dahlia, but Dahlia is named Claudia Wolf. Claudia in the game wants Heather (Silent Hill 3) because she is a counterpart of Alessa, alike how in the movie, Sheryl is a counterpart of Alessa. Also, in the game, Claudia (Alessa's mom) is the psychotic whore that wants God to be reborn. In the movie, there is nothing to do with God being reborn and Dahlia (Alessa's mom) has nothing to do with the deviant burnings, the clensing of the souls that are 'wretched' and 'sinful'.

Ok.......I'm a nerd. Anyways, the movie was fucking great, I was really impressed and it was worth the wait. It actually took the director five years to get Konami to allow him to make the film. I think the story of the movie is more twisted and the movie was morbid as fuck, which I thought was awesome. I went to the movie with a friend when it was in theaters and at the parts she was grabbing me and hiding her eyes, I was laughing.

But you're right, you do have to play the game(s) to understand it more but it's not neccessarily a must, but suggested.

Hmmm.......tits.

Chromatose said:
I've only seen Don't Look Now once, and while I definitely appreciated it, I didn't give it my full attention. I need to get back to it sometime. This is the type of movie I love to watch though, crazy psychological horror/thrillers

Ok! I gave this one a thorough watching, and it was much better the 2nd time around. Incredible atmosphere and scenery, and tremendous use of everbuilding tension.

Evil midgets are scary.

So I picked up a DVD of Fellini's Roma today. I figured that for a mere ten bucks it probably can't be too much of a waste of money, although I know just about nothing about it besides Fellini's reputation as a director and the somewhat interesting blurb on the back of the box.

That and Bergman's Wild Strawberries are what I'm watching tonight. CSOCRE.

i like the superhero genre movies

except the Superman movies and the X-Men movies all totally sucked

here's why the Superman movies sucked
superman didn't think of himself as "Clark Kent" because he thought of himself as "Kal-El" Superman knew he was an extraterrestrial and that his superpowers were far beyond anything a human would ever become capable of, where "Clark Kent" was really just a mask, "Clark" wasn't really a person, he was just a representation of how "Kal-El" viewed the human species

brandon routh does an eeirily perfect job of apearing to be a clone of christopher reeve, and yes the special effects were spectacular, but the Clark Kent that's in the movies really just can't compare with how the show Smallville turned Clark Kent into being the pychological equivilant of Peter Parker

the X-Men movies sucked because they deviated from the comix so much that i really just couldn't tell what the fucking hell was going on
the 3rd one pissed me off so much that talking about it would have to be its own seperate thread

But, in the game, Alessa exists and so does Dahlia, but Dahlia is named Claudia Wolf. Claudia in the game wants Heather (Silent Hill 3) because she is a counterpart of Alessa, alike how in the movie, Sheryl is a counterpart of Alessa. Also, in the game, Claudia (Alessa's mom) is the psychotic whore that wants God to be reborn. In the movie, there is nothing to do with God being reborn and Dahlia (Alessa's mom) has nothing to do with the deviant burnings, the clensing of the souls that are 'wretched' and 'sinful'.

Claudia isn't Dahlia.
Have you read the book that links together the first 3 games in terms of who is who and bears what importance where? I don't have its name, but you can probably find info on it.