Favourite Horror Movies?

Too damn right!! 28 days later is one of the best films made in a long time, and it was on such a small budget too!! :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm but other good scaries, ummmmmmmm has to be pet cemetary (sorry if someone wrote that) I shit myself for years after watching that film!!!!:cry:

ohhh, my all-time favorite is definitely Ravenous :)
that´s just a honky-dory film from beginning to end :D

then there are classics such as Rosemary's baby, army of darkness, sleepy hollow, dracula, and all those jolly nice ones.

But seriously, Ravenous, go see it, now. and thank me afterwards :D

-Night of the Living Dead (I actually like both)
-Dawn of the Dead
-Evil Dead
-Evil Dead II
-The Exorcist
-Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video (the thing that got me into horror at a young age)
-IT (yeah, lots don't like it, but it scared me for years to have a shower... not that I didn't, I was just scared when I did:) )
-Alien
-Aliens
-Alien III
-Fright Night
- Cube
-Cemetary Man (well, not scary, but just simply amazing)
-Zombie (just cool)
-The Beyond
-Cannibal Holocaust (I swear this isn't a snuff film! Not so much scary as it is ridiculously disturbing!)
-...probably more I just can't think of

oh shit, how could I forget one my ULTIMATE favorites:
-The Blair Witch Project
I understand why not everyone liked this movie: many people lack a good imagination these days...

Oh yeah: if you liked The Shining, and haven't read the book, read it, watch the movie again, and you'll be amazed at your change of opinion (well, maybe). I saw it, loved it. Read the book, watched the movie again, and felt severely disappointed.

Shit now I'm reading over the posts and surprised at some of the mentionings of the rearer movies I mentioned (e.g. The Cube, The Beyond, Cannibal Holocaust, etc...). Someone also mentioned The Ring... I totally want to see that bad, but I'm not willing to to fork out $13 just to see a movie in a theater... the prices are absolutely stupid these days!!

Originally posted by random_phil
I can't believe no-one's mentioned Candyman. That film is awesome.

Haha! I watched Candyman when I was in like 5th Grade, and the next morning I was at a stadium to watch a soccer game, and they had the bathrooms just like in Candyman where all that weird shit kept happening, all dark inside and everything, with nobody inside... needless to say, I held it until I got home (literally scared shitless, as it goes). That movie really threw me for a loop.

Yeah, the Ring was pretty good, better than any "horror" movie that's been out in some time. Also, it's not really a horror movie, but "fire walk with me", the Twin Peaks movie, scared the absolute bejeezus out of me when I watched it (late at night, I was about 12, empty house, the whole shebang). midgets talking backwards and odd people dancing with strange masks and people fucking turning into creatures, etc. really messed me up for a WHILE.